Multiplex Mentor

Having had previous Mpx models Ive had a leaning towards the Mentor for a while.As ive struggled a bit with IC i decided to return to Electric until the summer.Waiting for a fuz for my Pioneer when I read David Ashbys excellent review I purchased the Mentor.So far everything has been very straight forward except for the canopy catches.Ive had problems with them before on other models and have seen a canopy fly off.A simple bolt fixing would suffice and ill be looking at a possible mod before its maiden.Hopefully Ishould have it ready for flight next Tuesday

Not only did I read David Ashbys article on this model ,but also an article sent with the kit from Galaxy.I still managed to not get the canopy catches correct ,but also you need extensions on the rudder and elevator servos,but you cant reach the leads when the fuselage is glued.I managed to feed them through the cooling air ducts and fit the extensions on.I fitted the motor and speed controller .then bound the receiver ,but all I am getting is a loud tune from the ESC.Firstly im going to charge the lipo but I cant find the charger lead,so I might have to make one

To finish the Mentor all I needed were a couple of extension leads.A visit to my not loal shop was fruitless because he wasnt open.A visit to a local model shop was fritless because hes moved.So a phone call to  Caroline at Galaxy had them in my letter box this morning,Very pleased with there service as ever.All thats left to do is Velcro the battery in place,also the receiver and ,ESCand im ready to fly

Best of luck with it Stephen, I would think it is just the thing to get the confidence back and will be with you for many flights.
I think I got lucky when I started having a model that didn't want to crash, the airframe is still flying and giving hours of fun, the Mentor should be just the same for you.

It's dead annoying when you run out of extension leads I had some spare lightweight ones in the post this morning as I always get towards the end of the build and realise I either don't have any or they just a little short or too long.

• 3 weeks later...
Had its maiden flight today.A perfect model.In the hands of my insructor its magical.unbelievebly aerobatic ,top hat, stall turns inverted flight all perfect.The powertrain is superb.Unfortunately  i had trouble visually against the grey sky and the controls need lowering because im to aggressive so my instructor took over had a very enjoyable 10 minutes and landed perfectly another go Thursday