Multiplex Mentor

Another trip to the field and after clearing all the excuses why not to have a go my instructor took off handed to me and I had a good flight.I was all the wrong way round to start with but my instructor soon had me back in the right direction and I had a great time.I think I need to increase the battery size Im barely getting 10 minutes on a 3s 3200, but I had a great time

• 2 weeks later...
Upto 30 minute flight times yesterday with glidiing and finding a couple of thermals,so 3 good flights and batteries to spare.A club member who is building 1 to use as a Tug flew mine with a3s 2500 ,checked th thrust first which measured 2.9kg,then carried out 5   20 second take offs followed by steady gliding down and this lasted for 20 minutes with still something in the battery.

The multiplex Mentor is a very forgiving model, only a complte idiot could get into difficulties with this model,May I introduce you to me the idiotI think you can gather I love this model.At the field today only another beginner ,myself and thchairman mowing the strip in between our flights.I was practising keeping straight on take off.The steerable tailwheel is to responsive for me and I thought Id see if I could reduce its movement when at home so I perseveered.First take off fine,a bit steep but the Mentor took care of things and gave me plenty of time to keep up followed by a good landing.2nd take off fine ,but as you know when it happens your lagging behind .No panic but to steep again.,it loops over and on its way back up stalls and is in the ground with the fuselage in 2 pieces  before Ive reacted.I think it was so forgiving the first time I let it catch me out on the second.The club chairman offered to repair it for me very kindly and I didnt refuse feeling his expertise would restore it to its former glory better than me,So,its out with the Boomerang