Multiplex Mentor

il try again David I listened to a beginners friend ,a visitor to the club I believe is and instructor yesterday and seemed to take in more listening than when im flying on a lesson.I believe The crash occured because i allowed the model to take off turning slightly with to much elevator which I allowed to turn into a loop which it completed, but on its way up  after the loop it stalled and with little height it hit the ground head first.This visitor explained to me the process and reasoning of a take off ,it became cleare and I think a video tutorial on take off and landing would help lots of people some who have flown for many years but dont understand the principal of successfull taking off and landing,

Still Oversteering on the ground,so ive fixed the sreerable tailwheel to see if this improves things.Although in testing yesterday the model tended to veer right as soon as the tailwheel lifted which might indicate the problem being the front wheels,these do not appear visually to be anything but straight though.If our field was big enough to just gun it ,the short run achieved with the Mentor on take off would probably negate the problem

Bit windy this evening but to take off that were better still loads of control with rudder only, but front wing bolt thread stripped when the wing touched on 3rd take off and rudder hinge started to split.Rudder repaired wirh fibreglass reinforced tape and a nut epoxied into fuz for front wing bolt.Will probably need to run a tap through first before  plastic bolt

The nut I glued didnt take, but the glue went into the stripped plastic nut  within the fuselage.Ran a tap through that this morning and the plastic bolt is a good tight fit ,better than the original.Also spent time on ensuring the now fixed rear wheel is straight,it wasnt to start with so im optimistic now.well try it out after work this evening.

Its not gone well.Arrived at the flying field 2 other beginners 1 Boomerang and 1 Wot trainer both practising take off and landing.My first and only take off I believe my Mentor had lost it with me and decided to do harri carri.It took off in 15 feet climbed vertically stalled and hit the deck.It nearly recovered but the undercarriage caught.Apart from the undercarriage being twisted out of the fuselage and the front wing bolt hearing its ok.Im having trouble straightening the fuselage its consatinered  ,any ideas?apart from why dont I take up Knitting .I returned to the field this evening and the guy with the Boomerang arrived.I stood with him when he took off.He gave full throttle and didnt touch the lever again no steering required at all no thrust movement to the left or anything.I had my Boomerang in the car but resisted temptation as ive not yet taken off with it Ive flown it lots but only with my instructor,im hoping for a drop in the wind so he lets me do some take offs and landings.

• 2 weeks later...
yo stephen-check out the multiplex blizzard builds on this forum --- a lad called peter white covered his blizzard in profilm--might be some help for you--seemed to work out ok---that's made of thr same stuff--m/plex foam stuff..................
                              ken anderson................. 

• 2 weeks later...
Ive found my confidence for taking off by mixing aileron and 50% rudder  because I find it easier to control on the ground.Ive programmed this into the mentor but it doesnt seem to give very much rudder movement.Im worried about putting more in because of what the effect might be in the air.I do have the possibility to switch this mix off once in the air.Any suggestions!