Give me one good reason..

Apart from

1) You'll rush building it and make a mess
2) You've no idea how to cover it
3) You'll crash it on the maiden and it'll be all splinters and tears before bedtime
4) You need to learn to fly your thing first
5) I thought you were buying a second IC plane
6) And a fast Wing (S-15 from Wowings. Look ace)
7) Because your wife might have you carted down the local loony bin to check for "obsession-an-itos"

So APART from that (in a what did the Romans ever do for us style).

Cheap(Ish) compared to glass/moulded ones, British design, classic looks, emperors new clothes

What else would I need (apart from building and flying skills?)

Tempted. Very tempted. And quite stupid sometimes.

Advert

Classic model ----- and like all the Chris Foss stuff flys nicely to. Get one.
  A guy I know has glassed his completely...sure helps when landing up the big rock - not an ideal place for crunchies.... well certainly not in strong wind. I and few others are off there tomorrow for a session with jarty things and stuff

I seem to have a long list of broken things to fix before I can fly. Wind looks rubbish here tomorrow and I'm working anyway. Weekend however looking like bit fat westerlies

Right well if it's good enough for Timbo, it's good enough for me I shall sneak an order in I think. Found a blog of the build, thing I'm going to need to shape up my building table/techniques.

What's involved in "fully glassing" it then? Is is some arcane art requiring sacrificing of glass fibre effigies, and scary runic chants? 

Timbo, understood. I would like to buy British if I could and I'm certainly taken with an Aerowat as well, once I've passed my 'A', For which I'd better stop sloping off every weekend and go and get some instruction, and get it done.

Don't worry, Alex, most of us have tried to apply sensible rules like that. They never work, either. It's easier to avoid accumulating too many of you fly only models you build, rather than ARFs (makes you fly better, too!) but in the end you stop breaking them and they build up anyway. I have only 4, but they are all over 5 years old.

alex a word of advice dont go to model shows bring and buy tents
dont go to model club auctions
walk quickly past models at car boot sales
i didnt and now have 46 odd models and kits all must have bargains
best advice is keep to 4 or five in fly able condition then build another if your pet tree eats one

I know you think you're helping fellas but you're really not!

The latest purchase was really quite cheap. Until I added Servos, RX, associated gubbins. I didn't even dare ask what hte final cost will be. It's staying inside for a bit tho until I'm a bit less cack handed.

i pick up lots of bargains at car boot sales mathew, mostly house clearance when the sellers dont realise what they have got.my brother got a 56 in span rockwell mustang complete with saito 80 jr rx all servo;s and retracts for £110 in norfolk we flew it next day..
i saw a helicopter complete outfit sold for£100 and watched the buyer fly it in the carpark five minutes later,any thing i think is suspect i leave alone but make a note of the sellers car no. one seller was packing up one day as i passed by and threw a broken fusilage in the bin i had it away smartly there were two £30 servo's still in it, the biggest plane i have seen for sale was a fifteen foot wingspan the name has slipped my mind the fusilage was 12in diameter  and looked like a good scale model i could have had it for

t

£15 but left it next time isaw it was in an antique shop in chichester for sale at £250