April's Mag

winchweight

Got mine today.  A nice mix of models and equipment this month. he Lander Panther looks very nice and the de Havilland 9A is stunning.
Good review of the Nuremberg show, which got me drooling over some of the new models we have to look forward to.

And an interesting choice of free plan....

Advert

Hi David,
                  the April plan is very different and a must-build to keep my two year old grandson entertained when I go down to Barry over the summer, plenty of flying space on the beaches around there.
May actually enlarge it to around 6 foot span just to give those  seagulls something to worry about,

best regards,             Terry

Loving the flying Proppellowsaurus (or whatever spelling it is). It even got my twin sis' saying it was "cool," which is unheard of because, I quote, meaning no offence to anyone, "model flying is for weird old men," but then again, she has never met any of you / us (I don't yet count my self as a seirius flyer, otherwise I would have passed my A by now.). Anyhow, that comment took a mean feat to gain.
Also apart from the reveiws and all, I am really iching to know where your cartoonist gets all his inspiration from...

Huzzah for RCM&E not being hit too badely by the cridit crunch (although not 150 pages as it was? Am I right?),

Good job, and thank goodness you made a proper cover!

PS; where has spellcheck gone?

Personally I feel the need to make a complaint.

I had just reached the point where I knew I really really really didn't need to buy another model.. I thought I was safe to read the mag as I had made this decision and that I had enough models for this season and probably next and several more seasons beyond that.

Then I find the Panther review... perfect introduction to EDF....fab looking scale foamie... oh dear it is going to happen again.... I want one with retracts though, the Skyhawk almost did it before, but that Panther, hmmmm very nice  Love the Dino plan and the cover. I found the article about Al's hobbies really fascinating. I've been really enjoying the recent articles on who is who in the hobby/sport both in the business and professional flying areas as it adds a whole knew dimension to reading the magazine.

Thanks David- Something of an answer to a maidens prayer.  I have been looking for a reliable way to get my Royal Evo 9, which I think is a great Tx, over to 2.4.  I know MPX have now bought out their own system, but I now have a large collection of Spektrum RX's and have to say that MPX's prices are a bit eye watering.   I am not yet persuaded of the benefits of data telemetry for the club flyer.   However if I wanted telemetry I would be tempted by the Jeti system.  Interesting times eh?

The mag gets better and better - thanks again

Been reading through the mag, great! Im probably a loner here, but I don't particularily like the plan this month, but appretiate the thought and work that went into it, come to think of it never did like Jurasic park! In the Nuremburg article it says the new 'Planet' 2.4GHz system isn't out yet, but later on in the magazine Galaxy Models are stocking it! Still, I see what you mean by competitively priced, £30 for TX and £10 for RX, WOW. The Mag's seem to be getting better month by month. Well done on another great issue.

Thanks Ben and James.

Ben - Yes, sometimes things move so fast that we can't keep up. Check first if you're thinking of buying though. I know the Planet radio is already supplied with the Twister Agressor helicopter so I have a hunch that they may be selling 'separates' so to speak in advance of the main launch.
Assuming the price is unchanged and the system is full range then, yes - it'll be a message to the market.

It occours to me there is one thing missing from the mag that would be, in my case, very usefull. 

Nothing more complicated than a cutting/parts list for the free plans. I really feel this might it easier to order the wood online and might encorage a few more people to try and build. 

Probably runs against some kind of  unwritten rule, but, if you dont ask you dont get.