SC 25

Diamond Geezer

Hi Guys
Got a problem with an sc 25 from a show [second hand] it will only run if the slow running needle is 4 turns out,if I screw it in just a small amount it don't want to know but with this out so far, the main needle don't do anything, couple of chaps at the field had a look at it with no luck, now I don't know where I am with it any ideas I've changed the plug tried different fuel,the amount of fuel coming out of the exhast its obvious its miles to rich but it will only run on this setting ,but I can't set it up because the main needle is not doing anytrhing any ideas?

Advert

as andy suggests i should make sure the carb and needles are all clean and clear and there are no air leaks.i bought an early sc25 some 10 years ago brand new at a show and that wouldnt run properly either,turned out the liner was in the wrong way round!!!  ran a treat after for 6 flights then it went out of tune.ive always bought OS ever since.

i used to watch people arrive at our field and then spend the session trying to get their engine in tune to have a flight-they either couldn't or thought they had-took off and then went dead stick and kapowed the model---mds were the worst followed by early sc's-i made the decision early on to buy os-set them up and that's it.................

ken anderson.............

Well actually I reckon the SC ( certainly these days ) are superb little engines, and represent cracking VFM compared to the overpriced OS.
Not saying theres owt wrong with OS - there isn't - they are nice pieces of kit, however one is paying a percentage for the badge.
Even an old IC die hard and modelling guru Peter Miller likes the SCs and he cant be wrong!  I only have 2 x engines these days - SC 4 stroke - and both are sweet as a nut.

Edited By Timbo - Moderator on 24/03/2009 07:30:11

DG

Find someone in your club who really knows about engines to get it set up for you.

I fly electric now, apart from my FF diesels, but when I used to fly IC I got fed up with all the people who can't get anything other than an OS to run properly.

I had four of the early MDS engines and a couple of the ASPs when they came out and they all ran ok for me in spite of all the people who told me at the time that they were useless.

Bert