i have used ali for a few orders , with no real probs , just the odd bit not in stock but can live with it ,
i finally visited the shop in m/k last sat to purchase balsa and retracts for my new build and found the shop staff more than helpfull ,they  found the time to help me ,and to finish the visit ali himself intorduced himself to me , and was interested in what i was building etc, its the first model shop i have visited that gives such a welcome and help
 great stuff ali
looking fwd to the next trip
jez

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

I´m from Portugal, and I bought a plane in mid February from alshobbies, everything went well until I receive the package, the plane was dented, and overall it looked used, or at least it looked like it was outside the box from some time, also the batteries for the controller were leaking and the plane was some assembly problems – also the front wheel support was broken. After sending a lot of e-mails asking about how to resolve the situation I can´t receive feedback from alshobbies, and I don´t know more what to do. It´s very frustrating to me, because even if I call alshobbies, it will be useless and expensive. I sent pictures of the problems and I even sent an e-mail the Parkzone (the plane was the T29 Trojan RTF) but even they never reply to me. I will never buy again from alshobbies or from Parkzone.

Hello,

I don´t know what the mail order department told you, but I will send you a pdf file with all e-mails that I send to them were you can see that the last reply from you was on the Fevruary 26, saying that you sent my photos to your supplier. After that I have sent 3 more emails without any reply.

This is really frustrating, I normally buy from Sussex and I never had problems with them.

I don´t understand why you don’t tell me anything, even with the guys from Parkzone that I contact was the same thing, they just don´t say anything.

I have to hand it to Ali on this one (not sure if it's Ali Snr or Ali Jnr however) but it's great to see a hobby supplier engaging with the forum in a positive manner.

Sorry to hear about your problem Alvaro but I'm sure that if you contact to Ali directly by email or try to telephone him, they will sort your problem out.

• 2 years later...

I called in at the Wolverton shop last week for some covering materials and a new sealing iron - plus a couple of servos, Rx batteries and a few odds and ends.

Very helpful and pleasant staff - found everything I wanted.

Best bit was that as I was leaving the store, Ali Sr stopped me and said he had noticed that I bought some film covering. He then popped a couple of curved scalpel blades into my bag, free of charge and wished me happy covering!

I am not a regular visitor or web shopper - so his actions are even more admirable.

Great example of customer service guys - I will be back.

• 2 years later...

One of our members bought a Spektrum receiver from Als Hobbie via EBay. For some reason it refused to bind so he rang Als Hobbies and was told that as he had bought it via Ebay he had to go through the Ebay proceedure.

Not very helpful as he had bought it about three months before and never used it so it was out of the dispute date.

Never mind, Horizon Hobby said send it in and we will look at it. They know how to treat customrers of their equipment