Jamara 2.4 GHz module competition

Advert

I to have been told i have won a module but that they are out of stock, surely they should have expected a big responce to  the competition so why were they not in a posotion to supply. one of the best advertising ploys ever ( we give you a module now you must buy our receivers) very clever.

I gots me a lucky letter today... and yep you guessed it they are out of stock. The first person wrote on here some time in May that they were out of stock. Any one know when they might be in stock???
I think this is a plan that was not really thought out. Surely when they advertised the amount they were giving as prizes they should have had an allocation of them set aside. This could do their reputation more bad than good. Has ANY ONE recived their prize I won a futaba module ...apparently.!!!!!   

Sorry to tell you this guys, but guess what?  I entered my wife as well as myself and she has one a JR module as well????????????
You will never guess what the letter says?
"The lucky fairy has picked you from the list and the module you require is curently out of stock?"
We won 2 now and recieved neither, is this a scam or what??????????????
Just a personal opinion you do understand Dave A
Pete

Edited By Timbo - Moderator on 06/07/2009 23:17:52

Just received my letter today advising the lucky fairy picked my name out of the hat for a JR TX module ... and, you guessed it ... they're out of stock! I must say that I agree with the sentiment expressed above that Jamara may really be "off with the fairies" themselves and will do more harm than good to their image with this promotional give-away. Especially as it would appear that their TX module is only compatible with their own-brand RX at £80 a unit. Looks like I may be I shall be enjoying 35 MHz for a long time yet!

Pete, yes I understand, please be aware of the forum guidelines re language before posting again though.

The competition is being run by Jamara not RCM&E. I agree that it's disappointing they've not delivered to date and I've asked for their commentary/update today which I'll pass on as soon as I have it. I know they're about to release a new version of their 2.4GHz modules (with an offer to replace existing modules) so perhaps they've been waiting for new stock but that's not to make excuses for them of course. 

Without info I can only speculate of course. News as soon as I have it. 

Edited By David Ashby - RCME moderator on 07/07/2009 08:34:36

OK, (quick) response from Jamara in Germany, reads....

You can advise that we have not sent the modules because we will send the latest Jump3 system which has now arrived. We are sending out on a first come first serve basis.

Looks like they're starting to send them out to earlier winners first but I've asked for clarity here and likely waiting times. More news when I have it.

Edited By David Ashby - RCME moderator on 07/07/2009 09:02:36

Cheers for the update Dave,
I am not having a go at RCM&E but just letting off a little steam about the issue concerned?
I really appreciate that you have gone to the trouble of following up people's concerns about this, will let you all know IF a module arrives? but at £80 for a receiver .................................................................anyone intrested in 2 yes 2 JR modules??
Pete

And I'm yet another picked out by the fairy....but after reading about every other none receiving winner I've sent an email to the Jamara letter writer asking if the "competition" is a scam and saying that if it is our government Trade Department would be very interested.   I'll let you know if I get a reply.

A quick reply to my email from Felicitas Kuhn of Jamara.....she says "Unfortunately we have still not the prize in stock. We hope for your understanding."     She made no comment about the possibility of it being a scam....nor the fact that our government Trade Dept  might be interested.  Time will tell.

I got my letter about a week and a half back, when you think about the amount of winners from a total costing £40,000, thats 400+ winners there's bound tobe delays, I say give Jamara a chance to get them all together. If they are sending them out in a first come first served basis then some of us are going to have to be patient and wait a while. As reguards £80.00 an RX there are cheaper ones from Jamara.