Flying Wing glider wanted!

I am trying to buy a Flying Wing glider of traditional balsa/ply construction and so far have not found a single supplier!  I don't want a foam/EPP type on this occasion but an ARF swept wing model, pure glider or electric, about 4 feet to 8 feet span and I am amazed they are not listed anywhere in Europe.

Thunder Tiger did produce two wonderful models, the "V-Bat" and the "Velocity 2". While both models are listed by Google they are not actually in the shops anymore. So if anyone knows where I can buy one please e-mail me or reply [email protected]

It was always a most magestic if not mystical sight, to see a couple of flying wings aloft against a blue sky with the sun shining through the wing structure. Various countries on the European mainland held 'tailless gliders only' competitions with mass launches. Now that was really a sight to behold!

I look forward to any replies.

Tim Costello.

Advert

Tim. There was a wing of the sort you describe made by Robbe which went out of production only a few years ago, I cannot remember what it was called, but it was very attractive. A new kit of one came up on eBay a few months ago. Perhaps a little trawling through the internet might bag one. (In Europe perhaps).

• 2 weeks later...
One I have earmarked to build that you would love is CIR, freebie plan with RCM&E January 2002 - buy the back issue with the plan and article if you can.
Long swept wing with Speed 400 motor but easily converted and conventional build, could be enlarged too and really looks good, would look great at 8 ft span, very Hortenish in appearance,

regards,   Terry

P.S Have a look at the Horten XIIIA on Gurrgle, I have some plans if you want to give it a go.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
Here is a classic all wood aerobatic wing you might be interested in. Im offering sub-kit packages for this 71" majestic flyer now after scratch building and testing recently from the original plans. Its called the GRYPHON. Here is the link for info:

Cheers...Eric

Edited By Eric Johnson on 27/10/2009 22:15:25

Edited By Eric Johnson on 27/10/2009 22:17:01

EDIT......link shortened..

Edited By Phil Wood - Moderator on 27/10/2009 22:36:02

• 8 years later...

Hi Tim, have a look at a RES Dart from Hyperflight (or directly from the German supplier) or search for Orion 7 Neurflugel on the internet. I have just built the RES Dart and it’s a really good kit. I have the Orion 7 to build next and this is a 3 m wooden glider for pure gliding or electric power. PM me if you want more information.