Customer Service

JFH

I'm sure I'm not the only one who gets annoyed at poor customer service in shops. Almost every time I go into my local Woolworths I seem to have a problem - huge queues and one person behind the till, and then when you get to the front, the assistant wanders off to find the CD you want, only to return 10 minutes later to say they haven't got it. Other times it's things like staff happily chatting to each other while people are waiting to be served. It drives me crazy! Especially when I hold the door open for somebody on the way in and they barge past without saying thank you - that's another one that gets my goat! I'm off for a lie down...

Advert

i got one to add to that these bl**dy stuck up horse riders who have'nt even got the decency to acknowledge the fact that you have given them the major wide birth and slowed right down for them then look down their noses at you as you drive slooooowly past.
with regards to the holding doors open it seems to be a growing problem normally oap's or women carrying loads of fenwicks bags i make a point of saying "oh thanks for holding that door open for me" in a loud voice as they scurry off glowing with embarassment.
just one last rant is it me or is the standard of driving getting worse on our roads???
nasa

20 minutes in Swanley Asda is enough for anybody, surely. I used to get sick of being accused of working there just because I would go in during lunchtimes wearing a tie!

"Young man. do you know where the chicken is?" Oh, how my colleagues (including those working on this esteemed organ) laughed at that one.

Still, we managed longer in the shop when Mr Ashby, myself and a few other editors had a Christmas meal in Asda (oh, yes) just because it cost about £2.30.

I'll give you some pet hates of mine:

1). Students who speak nasaly and say 'like' between every other word because they think it sounds cool.
2). Guys who 'borrow' (read steal) my tools at the field.
3). Turkish Delight.
4). Anglia Windows marketing calls.
5). People who hog the quiz machine when my mates and I have been waiting for a go all night (Mr Bailey knows what I mean!)
6). Spiders
7). "Buy a Pizza from your local for just £3.99" leaflets, of which we get about four per day.
8). Trinny and Suzannah
9). Those digital channel quiz programmes that try and steal people's cash
10). Unflyable weather.

I must admit that when I get unsolicited sales phone calls I always ask them to hang on for just a minute, then put the handset on the table and go back to whatever I was doing. Eventually they hang up (they are paying for the call) and I seem to get fewer such calls these days!

I thought that this site was about model aircraft matters not a service for Grumpy Old Men!

Lets get some info on your best model shops on the street or web which will be much more to the point.

If you don't like junk mail or unsolicited phone calls sort it by contacting the Mailing Preference Service or the Telephone Preference Service.

Stop whinging and get real.

Good to know that nothing riles you in everyday life, texas! Other than whingers on internet forums, evidently...

Of course, you're right, this is a model flying site – but this thread is in the 'Soapbox' folder, which is marked up as being for anything not related to model flying, which is why I posted this in here.

That's not to say that I wouldn't welcome any model shop/website tips, as you suggest. They're always handy!

Hi John
Mr Ashby, should get Bertie Barnstomer and miss Gussett back to Berwick Towers to take the staff out for a high class meal.
Again unable to go flying today, due to the weather(still at that supermarket,at 7.30am this morning,car cleaners were working in the carpark).Still will spend today cleaning and vacuming the modelling shead.Trying to sort out what goes into recycling bags and what goes into black bags,will need a few glasses of falling down water.
Dave

A nice meal from Mr Ashby would be great, trouble is I work elsewhere now so there's little chance!

I liked Bertie B too, used to enjoy reading it through every issue. I think like all imaginative writers, the person who penned it was afraid of running out of ideas and decided to go out at the top, which is fair enough.

The most amusing aspect of Bertie B was that so many poeple loved it, and quite a few HATED it! In particular, glider guiders seemed to get upset. Hmm, I wonder why (chuckle).

Ooh, there goes a sailplane now! Where's my Purdy...

Oh, it's toff at the top...

1). One of my pet hates is seeing cars driving without their headlights on when it’s foggy.

2). Another is the kiss of death which I seem to have when joining any supermarket queue. It seems I can pick any queue and it will suddenly grind to a halt due to the person in front having a problem of some sort, which invariably requires a supervisor to be called.

3). Whilst we are on supermarkets, I thought that women were supposed to be able to “multi-task.” Why then do they find it so difficult to be able to hold open a bag AND put their shopping in it at the checkout, before replacing the filled bag back in their trolley.
And then when it comes to paying for their goodies, they then discover that their handbag is now buried deep underneath all the shopping which they have just replaced in their trolley …. and another five minutes has to elapse before it can be excavated.
Multi-task …… pahhh.

4). People who insist on showing you how careful they are by driving at 16 mph in a 30 mph zone.

B.C.

Just as you think that its your turn in the queue, the checkout person will ask the customer in front if they want any cash back. More time lost. Why do (super)markets do this? There are free cash point machines at most(super)markets, to obtain money.
It appears that chains have deptments whos purpose in life is to make visting their store as unpleasent as possible.
The only way round is to go the store at about 7am, plan the vist like a millitary campain. Also thinging of using ear protectors when visting ASDAS.
Dave

I have to admit, I was very sorry to see Bertie Barnstormer leave the pages of RCM&E myself. John's right though; his column seemed to split reader opinion in a big way! Who knows though? Maybe if enough people speak loud enough old Bertie could be persuaded to come out of retirement. Does the Bring Back Bertie campagin start here?

My pet hate is those drivers who think that a 30 mph spedd sign is the minimum speed required and that I must not drive at 16mph. Hence the tow bar fitted so that they have something to bounce off when I brake.

Bring back Bertie. makes the mag worth buying.
How else will the newbies learn the true meaning of british aeromodelling