Engine Starting problems

Nick Rigg

Advert

I have literally started my I/C engine about 4 times as i am such a newbie so i feel very unqualified to comment, but i am going to anyway.

The buzz (No pun intended) of starting a proper miniture engine and hearing it whirl away has given me quite an intense adrenalin rush. I considered going electric but opted for I/C for the realism effect and i am soooo glad i did.

Can't imagine electric being the same.

Plus, albeit it is only about 4 times but mine runs lovely and starts everytime.

You have it Ross flying an I/C doesnt get better,and when you extend the exhaust so less residue is landing on the model its even less messy.I enjoy electric flight very much.When I make some money I want to put a sound system in an electric and see the faces of the gents who frown at electirflyers

Nick .  I   thought it was meant to be quiet flight ? Saw the video of a beautiful large Spit on the forum or a link recently somewhere .-Well if you've never heard a Merlin ,or Griffon for that matter,actually running, then you are being dissillusioned.by the on-board sound system ,and before you ask ,I fly both (now) .If I had to give one up it wouldnt' be ic . I too love the smells and reality facet on certain models.Reminds me of my apprentickleship on diesels .Aye Them were t't days ( don't mention Mills' )
 I'm converting slowly to all 4 sts since they are so much better these days especially where you want a big prop  ,but have you considered fitting a secondary exhaust  with a short length of silicone tubing to a 2 st .It can reduce the noise to an almost pleasant "burble " ? There was a thread about this subject a while back !
Why does weekend weather always happen at weekend by the way 'Er indoors is home and I can't go out flyi ng  but have at least ordered more Rx's for my Optic 6 2.4 GHz conversion  My futaba 2.4 combo will soon be redundant so watch the "for sale " thingy ! could never afford all their receivers I require (well thats what I have told 'er indoors)
G-UMPY