Model show job wanted

Hello, I've had to take three months unpaid leave at my current work so I'm looking to see if there are any traders or show organisers that are looking for paid assistance during the show season to help cover my out goings for the months of June - August? I have been in the hobby for over 11 years and have a good knowledge of both IC and electric flight, model product new and otherwise. Im 26, and hold a full clean driving licence. I am based in the South East area but am able to make my way to all major shows for this season. If you think you may be able to offer any sort of paid show work please do get in touch.

I know this may not be the most approriate of post, but I'm at a loose end. Saying that I understand if this thread get deleted!

Thanks,

prop.

Advert

Yeap thats the one, indeed a great punk rock band. I used the name on another forum many years ago and spelled it wrong, but its stuck ever since. Thanks for the support guy's, I've been in touch with the organisers of Wings and Wheels, they may well get back to me, who knows

Trouble is the cost of a lot of the shows make it difficult to do, most big shows cost £500 by the time you've paid for the pitch/fuel/food etc. and don't take into count the time needed to get things ready prior to the show and upon return, so you need to make a fair amount to break even, let alone make a profit.  For some of the bigger companies  who need more than a large box trailer the costs must be truly horrific and I'd be surprised if many break even.

I wish you good luck and wish we could afford to help!   The more (knowledgeable) hands at a show the better.

• 3 weeks later...
Hi Guy's well I'd just like to say a big thank you to Jane Stephenson (Show director) of WING'S AND WHEELS, as she has just confirmed that I can working for the show this year, and hopefully for some years to come, having spoken to her by phone a few weeks back. So once again thank you to her and all that posted. It looks like thing's might just work out

prop (Stuart).

Yes, I'm glad I got a little work, just to help carry me over to the new contract at work at the end of August. Jane of w&w really was a pleasure to deal with so I look forward to working for the show. Not only that, but show staff get free food all weekend from the food stands!

prop.