Super Scorpion

I got my OS 40 FS on the BMFA website at a very reasonable price. If you can afford a second hand fourstroke for the model, I would strongly recommend it - it is the 'right sound' and look for this model.

With regards the weather, I am hoping there are more still, crisp days to come- I've only had one day flying with this fantastic model.

BTW, if there are any photos of your Scorpion, please share.

Cheers,

Conrad.

Adjusted the tappets down to 4 thou., and  fvlew today.Did some touch and goes  but the engine still runs erratically.Doesnt like full throttle but does keep going and a little jiggling with the throttle usually finds an acceptable setting.It started to drizzle and at half throttle it flew very well.Before second take off,adjusted the mixture and it went very well

The last flight of the Super Scorpion the engine had become very noisy.Ive stripped it out and the inner crank bearing is completely gone,so Im confident I ve found the problem.Ive also found one  of the engine bearers split from one end to the other so IM replacing that also.Just waiting for engine parts now

Congratulations Jim, she's a beauty.

I really like the vintage red. Is that a small servo I spy under the tailplane?  Are you using dowls for wing attatchment, or have you adopted another method?

A really beautiful model in a striking colour. Let's hope we can get some weather to enjoy these models.

Surely we should have a vintage section on this Forum?

Conrad.

Conrad,you have the eagle eye,two mini servos in the rear fuz for rudder / elevator and single bolt fixing for tailplane and wing

Mini servos are Hitec HS 81.

I'll try and get some better pics  tomoz

Thanks for the kindly comments,I think your comments apply to all the models in this thread.

Jimbo

Hi Jim,

I'm interested to know if you went for a wider tracking undercarriage. I haven't really had any issues with poor ground handling.

Cheers,

Conrad.

Posted by Jim Carss on 02/09/2009 10:01:28:
Stephen,

I was up in the loft a few days ago and found the plans for the Scopion ( must be over 20 yrs. old ) so all in the space of a day the major parts --wing ribs and fuz parts are all ready for go. And its all your fault.......

Looking at Conrads model i'm inclined to make the U/C with  a wider track,may give a little bit better ground handling.

I'll keep you posted.

Jim

Edited By Conrad Fox on 22/10/2009 21:26:47

Cheers Stephen,I hope you get the OS40 sorted,I think a 30 fs would be just right for the Scorpion,I used to fly a Super 60 with a 26 fs and it was great,

I have two SC25s to   'Run In'    for my Britten Norman Islander so the Scorpion will be busy if the weather holds.

JIm