Super Scorpion

Purchased today for £40 Cleaned it doen,fair amount of fuel stain but a lot came off.Its fitted with Digifleet radio and servos.I fly 2.4 but the plugs on the servos are thicker so will not fit and I think the wiring is wrong as well.The Fuz is very deep so it was a fiddle to remove the receiver and servos.Its also a fiddle trying to locate the new sevos,so Ive stopped and will carry on tomorrow Forgot to bring the camera home so photos on Monday

Advert

I tried that Phil but the thickness of the plug means there difficult to slide onto the spectrum terminal of the receiver.Ive removed them but the mounts are a tight fit and im having truble sliding the new servos into position.Im also hampered because the throttle servo fits above the rudder and elevator servos ,so the wooden mounts wont allow you to slide them in straight you have to angle them as well which is making it even more akward.Hence why I stopped tonight ,I dont want to brek anything

I need some help on the radio side chaps.Im using a secondhand Spectrum DX7,and to date no problems.Ive put a new AR6200 receiver in and bound it successfully.IM connectin Rudder to Aileron and elevator to elevator,no ailerons 3 channel.Thr Throttle is fine.If Imove the rudder the elevator moves as well,full movement.If I move the elevator the rudder moves full movement as well.If I put the rudder to rudder ,the rudder moves on its own.Ive tried looking at the mix but that area is above me.Ive flicked a switch that I know is for aileron and rudder mix but either way the 2 work together.I tried  another channel and it was the same

Thanks Tim I tried that but the previous owner used all 20 memories.I do have a DX6i but it did have an issue,but it could just have been me and a straight aerial.I have some space on that,but Id like to try and figure my problem out.Ill try and find the instruction book.I find the DX6i more logical to set up

We are not off thread Mr POlimodevery stricterator because Ive fitted 2.4 in the said Super Scorpion,and I didnt want to start a new thread as it pertained to this thread,anyway what ever Tin said to do with Expo and Diff and what ever,I found somthing that was a 100^ and put it to )% and the model is functioning correctly and that is what I wanted my Super Scorpion to do and now it is and IM very happy so thankyou Tim Thankyou Poly and dont ask me what I did because I havent a clue.Ill ask my next question in the cafe

What a great day. The Super Scorpion was much admired at the field.The engine started easily and after a few adjustments and reducing the prop from 12x6 to 10x6 it had lots more power and took off beautifully.It cruised around at very low revs. and the engine was very quiet.All it wanted to do was climb.I had 3 flights and no problems all day.I was surprised at how manouvreable the model is,photos tomorrow

After the disapointment of my Magnatilla went back to the field this evening.Arrived towards 7pm a touch of wind but bright sunshine,Flew until gone 9pm when dusk started to arrive,managed 6 very enjoyable flights.THe Scorpion Purrs around the sky very quietly and is very relaxing,made up for my earlier disapointment.It is frustrating when something has gone wrong and your unable to figure it out.

yo - stephen 'A' grigg....you sure have got a bargain plane there...i have a junior 60 i built in 1991--it has it's second motor in-30 fs 4st....i can fly around on high tickover for at least 30 min's +.on a 4oz tank..........all credit to the original designer's way back then..........

ken anderson................

Edited By ken anderson. on 17/06/2009 12:22:17