Blackhorse Piper Cub

I have always liked Piper Cubs so I bought one from a reputable trader as my second model after my trainer. My instructor told me that a Cub was not rated as a trainer as it would be more difficult to fly. Boy was he correct!
He flew the maiden flight and the model flew in an almost prop hanging position in the sky and yawed badly in turns. Tail heavy he said. Back to the building board.
The building instructions were checked and the position of the Cof G,when the dimension given was used, was found to be 40%,so lead was added to the nose to bring it to 30%. Not much improvement was found.
After going on another website, more knowledgeable people than me suggested more lead and more up than down (differential) on the ailerons. By this time I had passed my A cert and I asked my examiner to test fly the model in its new modifyed condition, This was flight number three. He took the model off and flew it around and it was better but still looked aukward in the air, he then asked the fatal queation "can I take the rates off" and he then did so and immediately the model went into a spin, he recovered it but it then spun in the opposite direction and it was then too low to recover and it crashed. I was so disgusted with it I sripped all the gear out of it and gave the airframe away!

I had one that flew simular and after various things were tried all listed above I found the thrust line needed to be altered. Its a good sign if the plane flys ok when not under power, Trouble is when it starts to go pear shaped most people put more power on which of course makes it worse.

• 1 month later...
my friend had one and it was ok but the COG is marked nowhere near where it should be. if you're doubting it's position, a good rule of thumb (for most high wing slow flyers) is to position it one third of the way back from the leading edge. then adjust it a little to fine tune it. nose heavy is always better than tail heavy.

The JP Cub is good ?  I'd been looking at it for quite a while and when I enquired the dealer told me they were '*** something very uncomplementary ***'.  He said everything about them was, basically, rubbish, including the covering

I asked about it on a UK forum as well (may have been this one ) and got no feedback as all which made me wonder why nobody was flying them.

Went together ok ?  Flies ok ?