DX6i

mike prior

I have just got the new V-trainer with aileron wings!

My first model.... indeed, some parts were missing...very disappointing start. I’m sure the nice man at flying wings will send the parts, but still messed up my weekend.

I got the Spektrun DX6i with the kit, very nice ,but with the rudder/elevator mix I have the elevator on the left stick. I can’t find a way to change this over so that the rudder works on the left  stick with throttle & the elevator on the right like my simulator.

Can anyone please help

Advert

Yes I am afraid Stephen is correct. Whenever you buy a Spektrum Tx you MUST specify which mode you want. They only come in 2 flavours, mode 1 or mode 2.
Im not sure what mode you described, but throttle and elevator on one stick as you suggested is impossible.
Mode 1 puts rudder and elevator on left, aileron and throttle on the right.
Mode 2 is throttle and rudder on left, aileron and elevator on right

Thanks guys.

The self centering stick is on the right

I think I may have either a faulty unit or I have done something daft in the mixing!

Somehow I have elevator working in the horizontal plane  & throttle in the vertical plane on the left stick. Then aileron horizontal & rudder vertical on the right stick!

The V-trainer has 2 sevos working the ailerons connected to a Y connection & 2 servos one on each side of the plane body, operating the left & right V tail elevator/rudder mix.

I have also noticed when adjusting the servo travel, that I cannot see any difference in movement in any of the controls

Edited By mike prior on 20/07/2009 08:50:34

Edited By mike prior on 20/07/2009 08:54:10

Edited By mike prior on 20/07/2009 08:58:03

Edited By mike prior on 20/07/2009 09:00:04

Then you have a mode 2 Tx.
I doubt very much that the unit is faulty, are we talking just about how it behaves on the sim?
If the wrong controls are happening in a model, maybe you simply have the servos plugged into the wrong channels
Have you set V tail mixing in the main setup menu?

Edited By Timbo - Moderator on 20/07/2009 08:59:55

The point about mode 1 or mode 2 is that it should be the same as your instructor.  You should join a club that flies your mode.  As a general rule you never change modes once you have some experience with a particular mode.
Also even when you have learnt to fly it is good to know that any club member could fly your plane if you have an emergency ( something in your eye / stung by wasp etc! ) so it's best to have the same mode as everyone else.