Kyosho Supermarine Spitfire 50

Delta Whiskey

Just trahsed my old Acro Wott, by doing a loop way to low and trying to come out into the wind it flipped inverted, to which I manage to correct, but too low and straight in she went !
Engine and radio gear seems undamaged, so just reading the BMFA News magazine that came today, I like the look of the Kyosho Supermarine Spitfire 50 on page 5, anyone got one as I quite fancy getting it ! ?

....as I have a spare radio and an Irvine 53 engine now !

Edited By Delta Whiskey on 20/07/2009 17:39:33

I have the 90 version with a SC 120 FS up front. Nice model!  Although not true scale - flys well, looks and sounds the business!  My personal view - do not be tempted to put a 2 stroke in it - just wouldn't sound right!

Reminds me - I haven't looked at my BMFA News yet.

Al

Just about to start the build / assembly of the 90 version. Going to have a YS91 up front. Smaller than recommended but the YS has the power of most 120's and I've seen an RCV91CD hauling a 12lb+ YT Hurricane round very convincingly, so i figured this Spit at about 10lb should be fine on the YS, may need a bit of weight up front though.

Alan - how have you found the retracts ? I have seen various reports from them being fine to being rubbish !

Ed

Fine I suppose - I have not had any problems yet.  Depends how hard a landing you do.!If you get a problem setting up the flaps then refer to my photo album for the settings. they are for the Spektrum DX7 - but the theory is still the same.

Al