Crashing ( for some reason or other)

Hate to say it but I've only ever had one bad "arrival " causing some damage (t'was a Curare) 'cos I misjudged the distance away of a Cornish dry stone wall . Seems to me that loads of folks go flying with a bin bag in anticipation of a disaster ?  Am I exceptional or what ?
And I'm self taught ! Hmmmm  Where are you all going wrong I ask ?
G-UMPY.

Advert

Hi Myron,

Guess a big part of the equation is also the percentage of time flying by individuals...  ie those who fly a lot have greather chance of bringing out the "model body bag"  --  occassional/infrequent flyers not so.....

Also, obviously, the individuals particular skill level/experience.......   Learners greater chance of 

Quality of model build, vigliance on model maintenance/safety.....

Those who push themselves a bit to further their skill/those who dont and happy to just do circuits

Loads of factors really - no one thing

You've done well to only have one mishap

Craig

Edited By Craig Carr on 29/07/2009 11:24:54

also whether you just fly one model constantly, or keep chopping and changing, needing to learn each new models little foibles.
I've noticed over the years that old, familiar models tend to crash less, and newer ones never seem to fly as well or handle as easily.  At least not for a year or two

Craig
As in life I never have told all of my " mishaps" ; i HAVE HAD MORE THAN A FEW BAD  ARRIVALS (hit the caps lock button again by mistake but maybe - appropriately? ). But no serious damage .BUT that was long before the ARTF/Electric things came on the market to make us buy things we " must have " to make things right & up to date all the time
I remember when -----------------------------
 Sorry
G- umpy .
Vive les ingeneeneers