How powerful is it?

Ernie

Peter & Kiwi, the nearest I've had to an ARTF is a Twinstar, an Easyglider & a Protech Unlimited (bought S/H) I guess none of those fit the ARTF description you're talking about.
My prefered models are gliders (either pure or electric) the only electric models I currently have flying with undercarriage are 3 vintage & a Magnattila. They were designed as ic of course & except for a Veron Deacon mine have all been converted from ic to electric. The result is that they're all as sturdy as the ic originals.
All the ARTF sports/scale/semi scale models I've seen at our patch seem to be more fragile (especialy the undercarriage) than I think I would have built myself. That's both ic & electric.
Re the Robot - I made it with a number of mods including ailerons, bolt on wings & tail & a paxolin plate for the engine mount to be able to try different engines. It flew with a Yin Yan Silver Swallow 2.5cc, Paw 19, Fox 15 & finaly an Enya 09 before I converted it to electric. Since then I've used an 1000kV outrunner & a 1600kV inrunner on 3s 2200 lipos. The inrunner has been the most powerfull of all but only because the prop size on the outrunner was limited by ground clearance.   

Smokey ha !!!. a little off topic story of a house I m building for a client.
The house is in a subdivision south of other houses prevailing wind blows to the north.
The neighbours to the north (cheeky sods) complained to council and asked for the southern neighbours to delete there fireplace from there plans.
yet the complainers have a multifuel fire and regulary smoke out everybody to there north,.
Some people,,,,,,,,

SO unless you are flying extremly close to houses you really shouldnt have a noise problem. fly in a built up area and your asking for it...

Nick Rigg.
        Nick,  I agree entirely with your short summing up of the situation but I think it some of it is down to personal perception. With regard to the noise problem, I’ve been in two clubs that have lost their sites because of noise. In both cases though, it transpired that the modellers were drawn into a long running dispute, more like a feud even, between landowners. In neither case were we actually banned; eventually, for different reasons, it just became impossible to operate. Had electric been around back then, I’m sure that just the sight of model aeroplanes would have had the same effect! But I’m sure there have been many, many problems with noise.
    Keeping in line with the theme of the thread, as with my previous posts, I’m still idly wondering how we actually decide on the output power of the electric motor. Although, unless you want to replace an existing i/c with electric, this probably doesn’t matter too much anyway.
    Just looking around at a few retail supply sites, it seems as though there is a whole galaxy of motors, speed controllers, and batteries to chose from. However, there doesn’t seem to be too much info. to tell you how to use the myriad of numbers that accompany these mysterious objects though. Perhaps one way of making a choice is simply finding out what someone else has used with success and just copying that. In fact, this system may have worked for more people than any other. 
    In some respects the same may be said to apply to i/c. The range of i/c sizes is far less, I reckon, thus making the decisions easier. For instance, a beginner buying a Boomerang or Irvine trainer say, probably goes along with just one choice, a 46 of some sort.
    All in all, there are so many variables that we could consider… …and the fact that finding the right test equipment to establish the output of the electric motor might prove difficult and expensive. Perhaps no one will ever do this, and we shall be left forever debating all the pros and cons.             PB