BMFA Nats Results

Advert

Dave - I really think this is an area where the BMFA are missing a trick...

Two whole days have now elapsed since the Nats finished and what do you see if you look at the Nationals page on the BMFA website?  A provisional list of classes competing,  vague details about the weekend,  a link to a map for Barkston Heath and entry forms (closing date 3 weeks ago!) for the comp! 

If past years are anything to go by the results will start appearing in the next week or so and the last ones will probably not be there until next month.

OK,  I know it's largely run by volunteers,  but it IS a national comp and I don't think it's too much to ask for the results (even if provisional) to be there by Tuesday (yesterday, not next Tuesday!) lunchtime.  Better still, a daily update of scores/results as the 3 days unfold.  It's what we see at European and World champs,  so why not here too?

<edit>  Whilst typing that I see Brian has posted the IMAC results.

Edited By John Privett on 02/09/2009 22:24:15

Posted by Ultymate on 03/09/2009 09:35:47:
Someones posted back up this thread that it's all done on a voluntary (ad hoc) basis, well perhaps more should be volunteering than fence sitting and bemoaning the fact that the Nats results take a while to hit the streets JMHO you understand

JMHO as well!

Bert

I think a "call for volunteers" is probably jumping the gun a little bit!  We (or at least "I") have no idea why there's a delay in publishing the results and whether further volunteers (and doing what?) would help.  Maybe the BMFA don't think there's any point in putting them onto the website in a timely manner?

My point was really that I felt the BMFA were losing an opportunity to promote themselves and the Nats by delaying publishing the results.  Anyway,  the results are beginning to appear now - control line speed appeared yesterday, and the pre-event info has (mostly) disappeared.