Should I be naughty?

Dusty

Advert

I found out ages ago that the trick is to add the OTHER bits you will need, to any mail order "to justify the postage cost" or "because they're on special offer" - so that eventually you have all the servos, ESC, Motor, RX etc - ("and of course it will fly on my existing batteries") - and then all you need is the airframe or "model". 

The model now looks cheap as you won't rrequire anything else to get it into the air!

It seemed to work well for ages, but she has let it be known that I've now been rumbled. 
Thankfully she seems very understanding of the therapeutic value of model flying since it gets me out of the house!

Cheers guys,

229 Euro for the model alone , the yellow one I wanted is out of stock but I can get the white/green one as thats the scheme they have in stock! I have the lipos and the esc for the model, I have never owned a Hacker motor so was up for the 130 Euro for the reccomended Hacker. There is a cheaper Turnigy option but the added weight is a sacrifice for the cheaper version!

Its not cheap by all means and was looking for a model in the 2m span, but then Sebart took my liking as small enough to fit in car for a quick trip to the field during the winter months and can flown close enough on the naff lighting and misty skies of winter.

6 euro on the postage  is not going to break the bank but the wife could break me lol... getting there with justifying have another model lol...

Total inc decent servo's, model, hacker motor = 377 Euro 

Ya the angel flies well and has nice colour scheme, I dont think the combo motor will hack it? I was planning 4 or 6s on something or even 3s. The big extra flies 3d well, seen one with a petrol engine on the front. The Zlin would be basic hack but the other's will do anything the fingers are capable of.

Polly= Angel 1 vote

*1st model to 5 is a winner, missus is like "if you cant make your mind up your band from looking at model for 2 weeks" ya right! Git the pink ticket, needs to used/abused before its taken back!

Go for the Angel.  Mine flies a treat and with the power set up as described on the box it will happily do all the aeros you could ever wish for.  6S Lipos a bit expensive, so perhaps you could put 2 x 3S in series or parallel (Timbo, please correct).  I went the easy option and have 2 x 6S packs available and get at least 7 mins per pack (1 x Flight Power and 1 x Thunder Power). 

As I also take an i.c plane as well (can't fit more than 2 planes in the car) I get to fly at least a couple of flights with each plane during the course of our usual flying session on a Friday morning (live in Dubai).  An earlier post in a different thread by Boots (who lives in Cyprus) asked for solar cells, I second that as we have about 361 days of sunshine a year it would be great to take off and get the cells rcharged for free !

Good luck with whatever you choose, but remember the Angel is a great plane.

The Angel is a great allrounder but probably a little more biased towards pattern than 3D. Its a truly cracking aero, flown mine not stop over summer an its a peach. Ive also just picked up the 50e Sukhoi (£170 from leeds model shop ) after flying a buddies and again its another suberb plane but definately more 3D oriatated than the Angel

Both have impecable manners and also make for nice relaxing flyers with the rates  turned down.

Get the wallet out mister !!

PS Like Timbo says, 2 identical 3s packs in series is the way to go . Rhino 3700 are ideal ..and a steal !!

Edited By Foamie Dave on 14/10/2009 00:36:08

Well I got one of these here! Should arrive today! Will see how the combo motor handles, the specs seem similar to the A50-16s on 6s. If its no good for this model then I am sure it will be ok in something else, obviously will have to do some bench tests first.

Yes aware of lipo's thanks guys, I can use my existing Rhino 4s + 2s 3700 in series for the Sukhoi as thats what I use in FlyFly Hawk.