TWISTER CP V2

Peter Wood

Advert

I agree with Jonathan.  I think I'm correct in saying that the heli uses a 4 in 1 receiver geared to be used with the supplied TX.  Twisters are known to be a bit twitchy and can be a bit of a handfull to fly.

Bigger ccpm helis with a separate 6+ channel RX  would normally have a swash plate setting of 120 degrees i.e: the 3 servos connected to the swashplate  Aileron,elevator & Pitch

Al

Edited By Alan B on 22/10/2009 09:51:17

Thanks the 120 degree swash plate, done by futaba 9c has 2 servos at front and one behind, or 2 to the right and one to left(aileron), were as the twister has 2 to the rear. Can I use one of these settings

My friend says the head speed is quite high, so I was hoping that using throttle and pitch curve adjustment, aand a little bit of expo, I might be able to tame the beast. There is definately a radio  link between the 9c and the twister but the throttle does not work the motor even, with the control reversed.

As you say the Twister's are known to be a handful to fly. I beleive selling it as an ideal beginners model is false advertising

Peter

Hi peter

If there is a connection as you say -  you will probably have to calibrate the speed controller {may be intergrated - I do not know) to the throttle on your TX. I would suggest you loosen off the motor back off the gear drive while you are messing about. That way you can see if the motor is going in the right direction and the blades wont fire up.

I am a spektrum man myself. You will have to determine which servo is which. It should tell you in the manual. When setting up the servos at 120 degrees (3 Servos) on the TX. On the Spektrum TX  at 120 degrees - the 3 servos are normally firstly set at + or - 60% for the Aileron Elevator & pitch mix depending on the installation position of the servos to determine whether it is a + or  - setting to get things going in the same direction. I presume this is similar on the Futaba set.

You will just have to play around with it (Trial & Error I'm afraid!!)

Good Luck - Im off to test Fly my new Phoenix Flasher 500 - bit more of a beast!!

Al