Hello everyone

Roger Bird

Advert

Thank you fellas, one other aspect is that I used to enjoy building just as much as flying. I am finding that it is still possible to build in a traditional way so I thought that i might get hold of an ARTF foam trainer jobbie and build a next step model myself. Any idea's as to what would make a good next stage balsa/ply second model?

Edited By Roger Bird on 03/11/2009 10:49:03

I am astonished at the response, I am impressed fella's,  thank you very much. I will take on board everything you have all said.
  I had a look at the Seagull and the Flair Cub and I must say that the Cub is one of the best looking trainers I have come across as well as great reviews. I would like to try electrics as I have zero experience with that as well as no R/C experience. The Cub looks like it was designed for IC only and I obviously have no conversion experience.  I will no doubt end up with both electric and IC. (Hopefully, eventually).

Edited By Roger Bird on 03/11/2009 22:28:45

Hi Roger, 

Welcome to the forum mate .... like you, I too am a returnee to this great hobby. 

If you want a good trainer to start you off, I have to agree with Ernie and Stephen, you can't go wrong with a Flair Cub. I built and flew one years ago .... its a very nice model both to build and fly, thats why I'm starting off with one again. Very stable in the air, and looks good .... what more could you want  !!  ..... 

Cheers,

Simon. 

Thank you all for your response, its good here isn't it? Just started using a simulator and managing to crash even the most basic of models so its sunk in that there is no fast route to R/C. I am improving, but its by degree. I have time and patience so that's what I'll throw at it until I'm comfortable.