What spinner?

Smiles

Hi Guys ,I need to order a spinner for my JP Cub trainer but i am unsure which one to buy.The JP plastic ones come with two front screws and look like they fix onto the prop are these any good or is it better to spend a bit more and get one with an alloy back plate?.

Regards Smiles.

Advert

Hi, the alloy backplate is more rigid and in my opinion a better buy but either will do the same job.What you must know is that you will need less clearence (between the cowl and front of engine hub) for the alloy backplate type because it sits directly on the propdriver whereas the cheaper all plastic type overlaps back over the propdriver.I`m sorry if that doesn`t make sense. If you can`t understand I`ll try and put it another way.

Colin.

Hi Smiles,
I would use an all alloy spinner. You can get a huge range from just engines, including a lovely three bladed job
they fix to a threaded extension to the front of the crankshaft.. You have to tell them which engine you have, so that the thread is correct.
The alloy ones are generally of better quality, they are well balanced, and keep their good looks, also they don't get damaged by an electric starter

ernie