For all those WOT4 fans who thought that things couldn't get any worse ;-)

NigelH

Advert

yes times have changed-we now have instant models....my old club mate who is now flying wot's in the sky----built a one from old ply board removed from the fireplace...and built the wing from 'rubbish' wood he had lying around...no worries about incidence's and 'big dosh' if it went the journey......

ken anderson.

WOW!!! A flock of WOT4s!!!

I've currently got a WOT4 XL on my bench....scaled up to 65" span from a standard model....90 2 stroke up front....& now I find Ripmax have gone & done all the hard work for me!!!!

Mind you mine won't cost £189!!

Wonder if there are more Chris Foss designs in the Ripmax pipeline....an Acro Wot in various sizes would be great!!!!

AS you locals probably know I'm pieceing together bits of info to make my own " (my) wot 4") Have discovered that the original one had a "semi-symmetrical" wing section whereas the  latest ARTF version has a symmetrical section -Or am I wrong ? Could someone please enlighten me as to the % age thickness of the wing aerofoil ' I think the chord is 11 " but the electric conversion plan shows the bottom of the wing section only & in my estimation appears to be about 20 % thickness .That's a lot isn't it ? I'm thinking that a 15 % symmetrical section ie 42 mm thickness would be OK .I've already built a 20 % wing but must admit -it's a bit 3'D 'ish isn't it . Keep it for later maybe ?

• 2 months later...
Posted by Steve Hargreaves on 10/03/2010 10:39:07:
WOW!!! A flock of WOT4s!!!

I've currently got a WOT4 XL on my bench....scaled up to 65" span from a standard model....90 2 stroke up front....& now I find Ripmax have gone & done all the hard work for me!!!!

Mind you mine won't cost £189!!

Wonder if there are more Chris Foss designs in the Ripmax pipeline....an Acro Wot in various sizes would be great!!!!

Bet it will. I just built an Acrowot. I lost count at £200. Wood and covering is much dearer than you think. Just add it all up. I just ordered  a Wot 4 ARTF, so I can save up to finish the Acrowot.

the Wot 4 i scaled up...came out at 96" wingspan....i bought a m/culloch strimmer from B/Q modified the petrol motor...it's one and only maiden flight lasted all of 90 sec's........then it met terra firrma........it worked out at £3.00 a sec....

ken anderson...ne..1 ............ ...