The Parkzone Sukhoi thread

• 1 month later...
A spot of advice if anyone has time to comment... I recently bought a parkzone sulhoi, but found the receiver/servos were constantly beeping/buzzing/chattering. This didn't seem right to me, so I sent it back, only to be told that it's normal, they're all like that. I'm now feeling a bit fobbed off. Surely they didn't design them to be like that? My gut feeling is that they've made a faulty batch, and as they still fly OK, they just want to shift them? I'd be interested to hear if anyone has one of these that doesn't have noisy gear in it. Thanks

Edited By David Ashby - RCM&E on 21/10/2011 07:22:41

same on my ultra micro 4-site. it is normal, all of the AR6400 types and the (AS2000?) servos do it. i presume they are digital as digital servos make this kind of noise aswell. Its not a problem, my 4-site still flies beautifully and control response is great for a model this size where servos tend to be slower. Just fly and enjoy

Edited By David Ashby - RCM&E on 21/10/2011 07:23:07

• 1 month later...
You weren't fobbed off, they do indeed all do it. I have two micro Mustangs and they both make that noise, it's almost morse code sometimes but always a buzzing beeping servo sound. Relax and enjoy it, they fly really well.

Edited By David Ashby - RCM&E on 21/10/2011 07:23:56

• 6 months later...
Posted by David Ashby - RCME Administrator on 23/04/2010 11:57:35:
Jack, type Parkzone Sukhoi in the 'search the site' box and you'll see a number of chat threads and three reviews - you might pick up some flying tips there.

Hi David, I have just bought one so did the search as you advised, from what I can see all the threads refer to the old version, I guess Jack, like me has the new Yellow and Blue SU26xp. I tried to fly mine last Sunday however it was a little rough for it, I did get it in the air briefly but found it very lively which serves me right, I didn't bother with the ret up instructions so allthough the C of G was set as instructions, I didn't set any expo or low rates.

• 7 months later...
Was able to maiden my Parkzone SU26xp today at last, only flew for 3 minutes before the wind forced me to land. Still was able to determine that it is a smooth flyer, albeit slightly twitchy but that was most likely down to the gusty conditions. Great fun to fly with plenty of power, flies quite quickly so you have to keep your eye on it especially when flying outside Hopefully I'll be able to try out the aerobatic side of things when the wind is low enough or I can find an Indoor venue big enough near Bedford Have only ever flown my Eflite Ember indoors so it might be interesting

Survived Scratch free

Unfortunately my Easystar didn't exactly survive the days flying scratch free though 

Edited By James E on 01/10/2011 21:39:36

Edited By David Ashby - RCM&E on 21/10/2011 07:24:42

Glad to hear it went ok! I flew mine today, they are great fun but i agree they are not planes for the wind. :P

Tom

Edited By David Ashby - RCM&E on 21/10/2011 07:25:09

Wasn't as bad as I was expecting in the wind but they are definitely more fun in calmer conditions I've flown the Ember outside which is half the weight of the SU26 at 17grams and that definitely didn't like the wind

Edited By David Ashby - RCM&E on 21/10/2011 07:25:20

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

BRC sell them for £42.95 which is about the same price as the receiver block AR6400. I took the radio and motor out and fitted them into a Quickoats kit I got from Micronradiocontrol. Beautiful kit flies outdoors in a leasurly manner, unlike the sukhoi which I agree is exciting to fly.

Micronradiocontrol sells a selection of kits designed especially for the Sukhoi electrics but I'm building a rubber powered kit to take the works out of my second Sukhoi 26m. I also have aSukhoi 26xp which is just as twitchy.

I fitted a GWS 5043 prop and I get 160mAh 25-40C high power Lipo for $1.11 each from Hobbyking so I have 20 ($22.22).

• 1 year later...

I have a parkzone sukhoi 26m the original old type, its seen some action i can tell you lol.......all outside in most conditions not wet weather though.....it dances with the swallows very well, i have many hours of fun with it, It's totally stock, i use 1900maH batts and these drive it along very well,

I have read somewhere that you can change the stock Motor for a Blade (micro heli) MsrX or Msr Motor. these have a bit more poke apparently, As i have one lying around i may just have a go and transplant it into the sukhoi....i got nothing to loose as the plane is on borrowed time already lol. better check they have the same amount of teeth on the cog

Regards Ade.

Watch this space.....