FF7

Carne Richardson

I mainly use my FF7 with my raptor and have found that the tranny runs down very quickly,several members at the club have also experienced the same issue with fixed wing. I sent my TX back to Ripmax but they were unable to find anything wrong and replaced the battery pack, this made no difference.
Eventually i changed the 700ma pack for a 2400 size pack and the problem is no more.
By running down quickly i mean that you could switch on at say 11.2v and then watch it count down to less than 9.5v within several minutes.

Advert

I have an FF7 with the reduction in prices they are popular on my patch. However few I know use the full potential of them. Ever thought of an article or series for setting up a computer radio. Many I know use little more than the basics! You can read the reports of what it can do if you know how to do it! There may be others afraid to admit it but my FF7 will do more than I can do.

I agree with Derek an article would be a good idea but which transmitter would you choose, I went along to Paul Heckles school of flying to get my heli set up and he showed me things that I never knew existed on my FF7. I think the best way to learn is to have someone show you how to set it up, reading about it is all very well but what do you do when you then come across something that you are not expecting ?
In my case I couldn't set up the throttle cutout and no matter how much reading of how it should be done it just wasn't having it. It wasn't until Mr Heckles showed me how to access the 'secret' menu on the FF7 we found the throttle trim reversed, something the book doesn't mention.

Perhaps now we could have two articles one for fixed wing another for heli - by the time the gliders brigade join in RCME will enough for series to keep them going for a year????????????????
On a serious note I would like an instructive series on setting up a compute set. Starting at the basics and then continuing on to using it to its full potential. Using ailerons as flaps might be simple to the educated but some don't want to do it by trial and error. As I said before many just use them as a non computer set apart form the trims.

• 3 weeks later...
Good idea. I've recently bought a JR 9XII which I am very pleased with. Up til then I had used a pair of FF6's - which I used for buddying but was sold by the fact that the JR felt right in my hands, I loved the roller selector and the extensive options for every switch and control surface. Of course that's just before the Spektrum came out. Doh!

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi Peter, much thanks for the help, all the types are there and how they work so cant complain on that score, if only they had put on each diagram which ones they were i.e. 1-S or 3-S or H1, H2 etc.

Anyway, I really do appreciate your assistance and is a good help as well, things were O.K before we had Computerised r/c gear, think I will go back to my old trusty Futaba M series!!!!!!!!

Cheers Dennis.

• 10 months later...

Hi Folks,   Over a year on from the start of this thread, I see that Dave says the Ch 6 rotator dial is difficult to centre. It definitely is, so I drilled a 2mm hole through from top to bottom, and glued a small nail in the hole. This is easy to feel and see, and gives an instant guide to where the flaps will be for any model. Set them correctly before flying, and you know where to adjust before take-off, for climb-out, for flight, and for landing. Should be easy. I find my plane wallows a lot with flaps down for landing.

Fly well,    Martyn