Glossary - your forum needs you!

Advert

Hi All !
I sow that there is a large gap (David Perry1 ,30 june the last one) in the topic "Glossary..." ,which is very important for me (I'm Croat). I think,once completed,will be very useful for all modelers outside the English speaking area.So I jump on any stoppage.
p.s. David and  Tim please du not be angry on me. I like you all.

Aspect Ratio AR the wings length compared to the chord. A glider wing has a high aspect ratio whereas a low aspect ratio wing has a small span in relation to the wing area

Often calculated simply as the span divided by the chord, most wings taper so a better definition is the ratio of the span squared to the wing area or AR = b2/S where b is the wingspan and S is the area of the wing when viewed from directly above (planform).)

PS Sorry if it's been done but didn't see it. 

Edited By Gemma Jane on 12/07/2010 22:58:41

SMAE - Society of Model Aeronautical Engineers, forerunner of the BMFA

Canard - Horizontal surface in front of and smaller than the main wing. Can be fixed or have a moving element. (From the French for Duck).

Perhaps power panel should have some reference to the 12v supply.

Josip, I'm not angry!  Whats to be angry at????

The hiatus from me is simply due to the sudden influx of work...all those happy holiday makers I have to carry away.  Mostly at night too, so I tend to flag a bit during the days and to be honest, I just want to get fresh air rather than sit in the office. Even the workshop becomes a place I rarely see during the summer. 

David