Duxford BoB Airshow

Advert

Ah...not me Ken. ...its just a link sent to me by a friend of mine...he was at the show but didn't actually take the video......

Interestingly it seems to have been taken well away from the actual flightline......seems to be near the boundary of the actual airfield. I understand it was absolutely packed at Duxford.....they were actually turning people away at the gate & if you've ever been & seen the size of the place thats pretty amazing.....

I've been to at least one show at Duxford where the same thing happened - full-up by mid-morning, so people arriving after that had to be turned away.

As for the number of airworthy Spitfires...  Wikipedia (OK, not necessarily the best source!) seems a little confused.  They state approx. 44 globally, then list 27, 14 of which are in the UK.  (Not sure where the 17 they don't list are!) I was there around 8 or 9 years ago when they had about 22 at the show.  As I recall there were minor problems with a couple of them on each day (different ones on the Sat. and Sun!) so about 20 flew together at the end of the show,  though the BBMF aircraft don't fly with privately owned aircraft so they were "in the vicinity" rather than part of the main formation.  One day I'll dig out my video of it...

• 1 month later...