How to convert a tail dragger

boggy

i have been given a crashed blackhorse travel air,which was easily repaired. and as i already have a renegade which is very similar i fancied converting the travel air to a nose wheel and tripod u/c. Is it easy to do or even possible?
im assuming its just a matter of moving the main u/c to behind the cog (main wing) a bit of bracing for strength and fitting a nose wheel some how. or am i over simplifying the task? 

Advert

boggy
Don't know the model but if it is engine powered then most engine mounts have two holes in to fit a nose wheel piano wire thingy with usually one or maybe two coils incorporated in the leg for springiness.( you can drill your own of course) The main wheels need to be about 1 "(for about 40" span) behind the C of G depending on the model size of course . An angle of about 15 to 20 degrees behind the Cof  G would be a better way of putting it & I mean the actual CG (Not just the horizontal component as is the one stipulated only on  most plans ) 
Bet you are a 'lekky man after all that!
Myron

Boggy, i
It is that easy    .   Though don't forget to re-check your cog.  And if you want it steerable connect it to the otherside of the rudder control arm.  It doesn't have to be steerable, it just makes ground steering easier.  On this model a fixed nose leg will work fine.

BB

Looking at the picture I would say that the main U/C ought to be at 40 % of the chord back from the leading edge if the legs are vertical . Cut a slot out the under wing and glue in a substantial piece of hardwood  1" by 1/2 "( maybe) covering a span of 10" minimum into which a groove will hold your wire  held by little nylon/plastic clamps