Seagull Nemesis - the xmas day build!

Advert

Posted by Biggles' Elder Brother - Moderator on 25/12/2010 23:25:32:
OK, Stephen built a Seagul model - anyone else built a Seagull model - I haven't. I've heard good things about them though.

BEB
 I was lucky enough to win a Seagull Extra 300S on this very forum - very pleased with it and it was nicely built.  There was a problem with the supplied fuel tank fitting through the front bulkhead which needed work with a Dremel - although as I was fitting a Super Tigre 91 instead of the recommended 60 I needed to fit a larger SLEC tank anyway.  Perhaps it was a pre-production model that had been sent to RCM&E but I must say I was a little disappointed not to receive any acknowledgment from the distributor when I pointed this out to them.

Anyway, despite this minor problem I have had many happy hours out of it and it continues to perform well.

I haven't yet had a Seagull model but, judging by today's relatively problem-free build, they must be doing something right. I cannot immediately recall any ARTF model I've built that didn't have at least one issue arise during assembly that needed pausing and thinking about. Must have a look at their kit list............

Pete

Posted by Biggles' Elder Brother - Moderator on 25/12/2010 23:31:59:
Our club has a strange tradition on Boxing day - folks go down to the field - take a flask have nip - but no one flies a model! Good fun though!

We still have snow on the ground - like most others I guess - I've been resisting buying/making a set of skis - I just know that the second I do the big thaw will come...

But I suspect I won't get any of my models off the ground under the present conditions.

BEB

PS Note to self - Must write more but shorter posts
 Time to break with tradition!

I fitted an old pair of floats that I was given a while back to my Limbo Dancer last week - worked brilliantly!

Posted by Stephen Grigg on 25/12/2010 23:43:27:
Its the Zlin 50,I already have the engine,probably the servos,so Im well on the  way
 Oh, I like the Zlin - I tried to buy the smaller YT Zlin at the Nats - but they didn't have any

Nice looking plane.

BEB

PS If we reach the end of this page we've done it!!!!

Posted by David Gilder on 25/12/2010 23:45:02:
So then....   BEB.....  
It would need to be a budget model in order to maske it accessible to most modellers and a plan of action would need to be drawn up!!!!

Suggestions welcome!!!!

Maybe something for a small engine also!!!!
 Yeah, let's gauge interest with a thread tomorrow - I'd be up for it as long as we pick a sensible day with lots of notice. It would have to be something small - cheap - easy to build so that lots of folks could join in. Maybe something for a 40 - most of us have at least one old 40 knocking about! Or even something electric - like the Hustle say...or the Fun Cub in honour of Stephen!

BEB