Sipa 200 (June 2015 RCM&E)

Stephen Jones

Advert

well if nothing else at least it shows that there is now an interest in the Sipa 200 mini jet .

When i first started researching this plane there was very little information out there .

Searches found no Rc models and only a hand full of Jetex plans none of which were good enough for scale conversion to Rc .

Further research found that most of the photographs that were one one webb site was also duplicated on other sites and the 3 view drawings were not very informative .

It was quite sometime before i found other sites that had photographs of the Sipa 200 at different angles which allowed me to achieve a more scale appearance on my model.

Also a short video of the Sipa 200 on a low fly past appeared on you tube after i had maiden my fist model which has also helped fill in the gaps .

So i now belive that i now have the most acceptable scale model of the Sipa 200 MiniJet .

And no doubt after my plan has been published it will be enlarged and lots of Rc Sipa 200 minijets will appear all over the world Ha ha haar

lol

Hi again all ,

Ok , i have now added the nose and Glassed .

Block of Foam

I used a block of pink foam as i find it is easy to sand to shape , light and absorbs any impact damage should things go wrong .

Sand Foam

Once sanded to shape it needs a little strength adding and to also accept paint or film covering .

So its time to put on her Tights and coat with finishing resin .

Putting on her tights

Make sure there are no wrinkles in her tights after all we don't want her to look like Nora Batty

Apply the resin and again check for any wrinkles .

Glassed nose

After several layers and sanding in between you should end up with this .

Glassed nose

just needs paint

Just needs painting / covering now .smiley

(Edit - photos separated)

Edited By Chris Bott - Moderator on 17/03/2012 17:08:38

Thanks Kevin ,

The pink foam i use is Space Board from B&Q used for insulating lofts with .

I use it for making models ,

Wings can be cut easy and i also cut it into thin slices and can be used like Depron .

It is not as light as White polystyrene foam but it is stronger easier to cut and sand to shape i have even made a pilot out of it .

I made this from it . The wings are hot wire cut and the body made from thin slices .

Flying Flea

IFoam Flea

Edited By Chris Bott - Moderator on 17/03/2012 17:12:39

Hi ,

Not much to report all i have managed to do last weekend is paint the body white .

As i am spraying it, it can only be done outside and with work and Manchester weather that only allows me the weekend to do any work on it .

So hopefully this weekend i will be able to do the strips and then hopefully the french lilac the following weekend .

So it may be some time before i post again .

At least i am happy with the colours i have and the fact that the paint is sticking to solar film well .

Hi ,

Done some hand painting today , Although the spray paint was the better match colour wise i found masking to be a real pain so i mixed my own .

When dry the underside of the model will be in french lilac spray paint .

Stripes on

Edited By Stephen Jones on 17/03/2012 16:52:51

(Edit - photos separated) 

Edited By Chris Bott - Moderator on 17/03/2012 17:09:53

Hi Alan ,

If you had been visiting our club forum you would have seen the picture above before everyone else .

i also put pictures on are site that are not on this site .

I know there are not many commits on are site (shame on you all) but the viewing figures speak for them self that is why i continue to post on are site as there are lots of interested folk viewing it .

The more people that use are site the better for our club .http://www.bmmfc.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=473&sid=d1f65b434a1c28fd40497f0238453f6a

Hi Alan c ,

I have looked through both posts and although there are more pictures on this site due to the size restriction on our site there are pictures on our site that are not on this site and where posted earlier .

Fair enough you prefer this site but local news on local site . .

Any how i must get back to it .

Hi again all ,

Here are some more pictures , not managed to get as much done as i would have liked , due to work and family commitments ,

And Why is it the little things seem to take so long .

On my 1st model i extended the power lead to allow easy connecting of the battery Unfortunately this could have been the reason for the Esc to over heat .

So i made a plug and socket mounted on a piece of ply which allows me to connect the battery without having a long lead .

all hidden

I can now connect the battery with one hand and i think it looks neater too .

All hidden away .

Its a nice colour under there i think , not sure if there should be any other markings as there are no pictures of the plane from the underneath !