Sipa 200 (June 2015 RCM&E)

Stephen Jones

Advert

• 3 weeks later...
Hi Kevin ,

Not only has the weather been pants this weekend but iam also on call so no chance of venturing outside for me .

I have been tinkering with other models in order to get them ready for when i can get out and been designing a trainer for my son , tried to get him interested in the design process but so long as its got flaps and his name along the fuselage and a picture of him in the cockpit he is happy , Kidz !

Thanks Kevin ,

Yes , it did not go right first time though , i had built in some up in the elevator so i had to put in all my down trim , and it rolled to the right too also needing left trim .

Once that was done flew well steady and is fast too . did not try any loops or rolls as i had damaged the cockpit and the battery holder had come lose when i hit the ground due to being so far out of trim .

Thanks too my helper Rick who launched the model for me ,and shoot the video TA ,

• 2 months later...
On Noooooo.................

Well i was doing some high speed low pass up and down the field when SPLAT.

So what happened well i had made a small hole in the nose to let air flow over the battery as it was getting quite warm on previous flights .
And taped up the air intakes on the wings which now meant that the Esc was not getting enough air flow which over heated . Doh

So no a re-think on ducting the air flow over both the battery and Esc is needed

well i said it would look better with a moulded cockpit ,
what do you think of it now ?
As good as new , if not better , Stronger , Cooler, well on the inside as i have added a duct to allow air to flow over the battery and positioned the Esc adjacent an Air duct and removed some formers that are no longer needed as i think they may of restricted the air flow .

Hi Kevin,

Thanks , The repair job did go quite well , and the model is quite a strong , it seems to bounce back ok .

I flew the model again at our club scale day and the cooling seems to be working ok now .

And personally i would not offer up a plan without being sure that it is sound , which i now think it is , i just want to try some different prop sizes now .

Then i will finalize my plans .

Thanks Tim ,

I have already had request for the plan in my PM box .

And after following some advice from a member of my club i have increased the size of the prop from a 4.75x4.75 APC to a 5x4.5 APC and the model is now Ballistic , i will not even try the 6x4 that he has recommended as i fear i would lose sight of it .

And i have also added some more scale features as air vents which has helped keep everything cool despite it rocketing around the sky's .

A few people who watched it fly on Sunday said how well it flew , so that is good enough for me to get it finished .Just hope i can do it to a standard as good as yours Tim .

• 4 weeks later...
Hi , Johan

Hopefully soon .

I am doing some final alterations to the plan , as the 1st plane has had some changes made to it along the way .
And the final plan should give a more rounded belly pan to give that lovely egg shape .
But will still have a flat bottom to it .

If you look at the picture above you will notice it has a totally flat bottom .
I am also considering putting a tow hook on the bottom as an option so it can be launched by myself .