Spektrum DX6i Menu button wont work??

250quadguy84

Advert

Darren, I had the same problem several weeks ago.  Contacted Horizon and they were sending a replacement , however I was impatient as usual.  If you are prepared to open up Tx you can repair yourself.  Opened mine up and removed roller.  Spigot had broken off.  I drilled roller out and pushed a bit of 3mm push rod in, used the dremel to grind a square on the end  and bobs your uncle.

Darren, Horizon will replace it for free and keep your warranty!!

Go opening it up and perform surgery yourself and that warranty is gone, it's a one for one swap on your doorstep from Horizon so you don't miss anything! 

"it's a one for one swap on your doorstep from Horizon"  This must be new as it cost me over £7 to post.

If you are needing a step by step guide Darren I would suggest you return it to Horizon as they are very quick and it will be back within a matter of days.

That's what happened to me Hamish, I received a P-51 Bluenose with some rather large holes in the wing, 3 days later the postman took mine away and handed me a new one!

Maybe it's different for smaller items? 

Given that Horizon don't charge return postage and have a track record of FOC repairs, not only for service items but also those needed as a result of user error, accident, etc, I wouldn't begrudge having to pay to post the item to them. £7 is a very cheap price to pay, IMHO.

Pete

I did not  begrudge the £7, however it can add up. 

My first return was as a result of me dropping Tx and damaging stick pot, which I had repaired but not totally satisfactorily and returned it to Horizon as it needed recalibrated, which was done FOC and as it was my fault no problems about £7

Next repair was the roller which I repaired myself.  In this instance my repair was a disaster as I got cyno in microswitch however Horizon provided the pcb, again FOC.

Trim switch then broke and again Horizon provided FOC.

Fortunately I am able to repair, but at £7 a go, the costs can mount up if the unit had to be returned every time.

I cannot fault Horizon for their service and  the one for one position is even better, but these faults are due to design weaknesses  that should be remedied.

• 2 weeks later...
Fitted a new replacement roller and circuit board and roller (as suggested by hobby horizon themselfs), still dont work.

With regards to warrenty, I did specifically ask him on the phone if it would invalidate the warrenty if I opened it up to perform this repair, he said no.

Seems that they are telling people different things? either way iv got a transmitter that still has no menu.

Going to have to call them again tomorrow.

Just to make sure, the radio doesnt start playing up once it goes under a certain voltage does it? I currently have 5.6v showing on my display.