how to hide new planes from wife, advice please

Advert

Aaron,

give your new plane to me - I will store it, build it, fly it and eventually even destroy it 

Most of us have this problem - my wife asked me this year why didn'tyou ask for a plane this Christmas?

The right answer would have been because I have already a part finished one on my building board in my UK flat - but I didn't tell her - so my hope is to destroy my new plane before she finds out....

Naaa just teach the wife to fly - then its not an issue.

You can build on the dinner table - store models all over - get a bigger caravan all in the name of flying

Of course now both my boys fly as well I can't fit as many models in the car for me - but..

My AT6, the wife's Cub, Samuels Cap232 and Mathews Speed Air still fit into the Delica with room to spare so..

Might be a bit of a squeeze with teh new jet mind

Chris

This year i have taken a leaf out of a contributors posting.

I left my three kits in the front room. Now these simply receded into insignificance with the grand kids toys, both Christmas and permanent.

I did not escape the obligatory, "I do dream of a time when all the wardrobes (4 off, 3 rooms, one off almost mine). are not piled with kits and models".

On completing the £13 GC Extra, I prudently removed the FD Cinderella (I can not fly it probably anyway), and have temporarily hidden it.

I am having a serious problem of finished plane storage and emulated to a limited extent Vecchio and another, to create garage storage, but it is an issue.

Tell the truth. In my case about once or twice a year, as i mainly scratch build. 

Erfolg and I seem to be of a similar mind.

The answer to the problem is to go back to basics and to build from a plan!

Plans don't cost much and if you buy the wood in installments she won't notice. Agreed the construction process takes much longer but at least you'll have the reassurance of the model being properly built.

It's all those big colourful expensive boxes which cause the agro!

Sneaky...

How about this? Buy model, sneak it home and put it in loft or shed. Borrow vacuum cleaner and find a damp cloth (do not ask SWEMBO for damp cloth). Wipe box with damp cloth and blow a handful or two of dust over the box (the dampness helps the dust stick) Now, be patient, leave it for a week or two! When ready, and when SWEMBO is in residence, announce that you think you're going to build that old model that you've had in the shed/loft for years, and can you borrow a damp cloth to get the dust off! Be theatrical, and let her see you doing it! Works every time