Biggles' Mess

Advert

I wouldn't lock it up Eric so if you've got any post-article thoughts or updates then they'd be very welcome. It's David.........

Actually I found two articles by you, the Hawk and one other (was it something on aerodynamics or does my memory fail me?) but the issue binder is at work so I'll check later.

Edited By David Ashby - RCME Administrator on 15/09/2011 06:20:04

Well, back from a week in Havorfroddwest where I got nothing done due to weather, spent a few hours studying the 'Madslide' plans and decided to build the wing and fit it to my 'Pussycat' to see how it goes.
Ifn it dont work then it can go as a spare wing for a 1.5 metre version of the model, presently working on a powered version of the Raven 1 metre, today I 'recycled' three airframes, all the electronics/motors are back in their appropriate drawers and the wooden bits into a bin bag, decided to stay with glider/PSS and these three didnt fit in and nobody wanted them.

My standard tactics in such circumstances is to just agree - and then go flying anyway.

That way - she's right (women like being right - it such a rare experience for them) and you get to go flying. Everybody's happy .

I know - genius isn't it! Sometimes I amaze myself!

BEB

Dan

Good selling techniques are required. Explain how flying allows you to re-boot your brain and how you'll be mentally replenished on your return, fitter, more attentive - a better partner/spouse/boyfriend.

Like all good sales situations -

know your customer,
listen to the customer,
know their needs,
explain the benefits,

....or just go flying anyway

Edited By David Ashby - RCME Administrator on 21/09/2011 08:03:35

Dan,

Introduce her to extreme crochet, (just for a challenge like) and get on with what you want to do. It'll do the job or it won't.

Buy her a dog, keeps em happy for a bit, and gives you thinking time. Also invite her down to the patch and introduce her to you mates they may like her dog, then she will like them.Problem sorted.

Buy her a horse, that'll keep her out of the way for some time and you can sneak out to go flying while she's looking after the horse or riding it. Expensive option.

Option 3 buy a drum kit, guitar and amp learn to play, join a good band, loads of girl friends, no time for planes.

Option 4 forget the dog, horse, band, launch the girl friend, join a commune, kibbutz and start again.

Option 5 Ride it out see if it works, if it does, sorted, if it doesn't reinvent yourself go to option 3 or 4.

Chris.