just starting out

magoo

Hi all i`m magoo,ive been interested in model flying for ages but have only last year took the plunge and built  a airsail voltimer which is great,I`m in the middle of building a 50" span hawker hurricane from an easybuilt models kit which i plan to convert to electric power(probably not gonna fly it until im licensed )but i love to build and it was just collecting dust on the shelf.I was going to build myself an aileron trainer but to my surprise i was bought a seagull e-pioneer which is a good looking plane,and from the reviews ive read its a pretty good one to learn to fly.I live in romford essex and was wondering if any of you guys live around here and where a good club is??.I currently fly the voltimer over the local football pitches when no-one is around but would love to be around like minded people who can share my enthusiasm for model flying,my wife cant stand it.
               Thanks
                             Magoo

Advert

Hi Magoo, great to have you onboard, I cannot comment on clubs near you but I am sure somebody will be along shortly to say hi that may have info. The BMFA website is a good place to start to find clubs nearby, but be patient as some can take a while to respond to E-Mails.

Most wives can't understand us never mind get enthusiastic about our hobby, ah well

Cheers
Danny

Hi Magoo and welcome to the best forum on the net bar none.
One thing from your post worries me and that is you saying that you fly when no one is about, and that you are not going to fly the Hurricane until you are licenced, do you mean by that "insured"  If so please dont fly anything until you are as the consiquences of an accedent are too far reaching to contemplate
Also think about filling in your "Profile" you will find it makes your use of the forum even better
Garry

Hi Magoo,

I think I've done the "read this bit of the forum" act with you already on another thread!

Yeap, flying with mates takes some beating, and in most clubs the healthy mix of genuine advice and leg-pulling banter is irresistable!

Garry's right on the insurance front. Joining a club will sort insurance out for you though. Of course you might already have it in which case, no problem!

Anyway enough of the serious stuff - enjoy your pioneer - she a fine model.

BEB

Hi Magoo,

Have you tried to find a club via BMFA? I am sure there is a national list there.

Also, flying by yourself may become quite expensive due to crashes. I believe that all clubs have their trainers and they can take you up safely until you preper to take you A certificate.

If you need any guidance just send us a message.

Regards,

Alan Bahia