E-scale Supermarine Seafire

scott cuppello

Oh No! That's just what I started RC flying for .

I know it's some time off but I'm thinking about Christmas already!

Looks like another inverted engine though. (No suggestions for electric please, the original was not electric and mine won't wouldn’t be either).

Ian

• 5 weeks later...
Advert

Hi Guys, I have one of these and in short i wish i did not, I am going to refere to it as "my kit" in case i have bought a rogue, as some one already has stated the nose is wrong and also if this is supposed to be a relica of SX 336 then the canopy is totaly wrong.
On my kit the nose is twisted out of shape so sits with one side proud not much but shouldnt have a fault in it, the covering on the fus is very bad and the fin root fairing is a night mare, i managed to get all the wrinkles out of the wing and stab but where heat was applied some sort of writing now shows through the covering, the fin fits vie a tongue into a slot then sits back over the stab, no way its way out and will i imagine break if you apply too much presure, the retracts well the oleo legs are fine but the way they mount it all is unbelievable mount the legs their way and you will have the rear edge standing almost a inch proud of the wing, just fitted one side of mine just a test fit and in the up position the wheel is already hard against the wing rib in side the wheel bay and thats before you fit the plastic well, when you think of all the Spits out there they could have looked round for a more realistic fitting. Bottom line for me guys its bad value for money, want a Seafire? then go buy a good Spitfire and convert it. If any of you guys realy want one you can have mine for half price all i have done is join the wings fitted up the flaps and airlerons and fitted one side retract mounting blocks!!!

• 1 month later...
Has anyone else got a comment to make about the quality of this kit? When it was first announced I was quite excited and really fancied one but in light of some remarks such as Robin's and Danny's I'm having second thoughts. Did they get one offs or are they all like this?
My experience suggests that Hangar 9 generally sets the benchmark but this is pretty much the same price without what would appear to be the same quality.
Will JP carry any spares back up if it is only a limited production run?

John