Charity Mass Build Project

Hi Ron,

it doesn't have to rule you out of the build. The fly-in is organised by RCM&E and the Greenacres club - its not formally linked to this event.

We see the fly-in is very much "added value" for the mass build - great if you can make it and want to go - and it will be fun, but its not an essential part of this event! This is about building amodel together - flying it together is a extra!

BEB

Edited By Biggles' Elder Brother - Moderator on 12/01/2011 22:29:06

Posted by Biggles' Elder Brother - Moderator on 12/01/2011 22:28:06:
Hi Ron,

it doesn't have to rule you out of the build. The fly-in is organised by RCM&E and the Greenacres club - its not formally linked to this event.

We see the fly-in is very much "added value" for the mass build - great if you can make it and want to go - and it will be fun, but its not an essential part of this event! This is about building amodel together - flying it together is a extra!

BEB

Edited By Biggles' Elder Brother - Moderator on 12/01/2011 22:29:06

thanks yes i can see that will do the build should be fun

@ john....   I am sure there will be plenty of people willing to fly your model for you however it may be worth getting a fellow clubmate to maiden it first so it has been set up and any issues found and corrected!!!        Anyway. Theres plenty of time for you to take and pass your A cert.   When I did mine (last year) I was a nervous wreck!!!    I still managed to fly well enough and most importantly - safe enough!! (managed to do my simulated deadstick landing so it touched down BANG ON THREASHOLD!!!
You never know...   Maybe someone at the flyin will have buddy leads etc and be willing to go buddy with you to let YOU flyyour Webbit!!

@ Everyone else.

Does anyone have any suggestions for an electric setup..   I am led to understand that the ideal is a 250W setup with a motor that will swing a 10x5 prop!! (apparently thats something to do with Kv rating??!!)

All suggestions welcome and if possible full details of where and how much!! 

(I dont fully understand this electric lark yet!!)

Dave

By all means chat about set up guys - obviously no problem.

But just to let everyone know - we will be "leaning" on a few of the experienced electric (and ic) flyers to contribute to a "Powering the Webbit" thread a little nearer the time. The idea will be to come up with a range of power options in both electric and ic that will take you from; 'docile plodder', through 'club sports' and 'capable aerobat', all the way to complete 'hooligan'!

We'll also be trying to set up a "Shopping List Thread" outlining what additional bits and pieces you might need to buy to complete your Webbit and where you can buy them!

BEB

Anyone doing this with a club can save on postal charges.

When you order, Webbies will put four or five kits in one box. They pay a standard charge to their carrier and you'll be able to pay the same postage for a few as you would for one. 
I checked this with them by phone today.

This also appears to work on the website checkout, and it looks like if you go to 6 or more postage is free. 

Posted by David Gilder on 13/01/2011 21:32:48:
John.....    An SC25!!!  It will go like stink with unlimited vertical climb outs, prop hanging on half throttle and 3d power to spare!!!!    Could be interesting to see!!!!

I was thinking of trying to shoehorn an old OS40 into mine! It would be a sort of "engine with an airframe attached"

BEB

Remember, if you haven't already done so, to review the TimeFrame proposal put up by David and I (see above). If we don't hear floods of objections by tomorrow night we'll be going with that and launching the "signing up thread". So, if you want to express a view on this time table you have only until tomorrow night! If we don't hear from you we will assume you are happy with that time scale.

BEB

Posted by Biggles' Elder Brother - Moderator on 14/01/2011 10:38:04:
Someone was suggesting earlier that the tail came out a bit heavy - I'm trying to compensate for that - think ahead, that's my motto.

BEB

Yes, it was yours truly.  It balances nicely, as is, with an Enya 15 and a fuel tank at the noisy end.   With a 200W brushless and a 2300 mAh lipo doing the same job, but more quietly, the tail needs helium.

Plummet

Hi,

Ordered my Webbit yesterday, by phone. Spoke to Tom and asked him to suggest a suitable leccy set up. Have got to wait a day or two for a fresh delivery of motors !!! Take up looks good !!!

I don't have my A yet either but whatever, I will be taking part in principle.

I have have an elderly but unused OS30 so might scale up plans by 25% or 30% but thats a future possibility.

Alan.

Alan. Thats great.

Can I ask you to put your details as requested on the Signing Up Thread Here
(please read the foreword at the start. It will explain what details we are requesting and why!)

Would be  interesting to see a scaled up Webbit!!  Do you think it will be ready for the Flyin??   Are you atending the Flyin??

Dave

Posted by Alan Dorrell on 15/01/2011 11:01:41:

Hi,

Ordered my Webbit yesterday, by phone. Spoke to Tom and asked him to suggest a suitable leccy set up. Have got to wait a day or two for a fresh delivery of motors !!! Take up looks good !!!

I don't have my A yet either but whatever, I will be taking part in principle.

I have have an elderly but unused OS30 so might scale up plans by 25% or 30% but thats a future possibility.

Alan.
 Alan,

When you get the nod off of Tom for a decent leccy setup can you let us know, may save some time messing about with different motors.

Cheers,

Chris.

We are in danger of getting ourselves a bit confused here, because we have too many threads running at once!

Chris, over on the Chat thread Chris Bott has already posted some potential electric set ups.

What I'll do is shut this one off now - it really was intended to just discuss the idea and whether it was a "goer" or not. That will leave us with:

the signing up thread here and

the chat thread here

That should be easier for us to find our way around!

BEB