Lack of new aerobatic artfs

looking to replace a model i flew in to te ground the other day i wanted something nice if not a little exotic i wanted something that flys first rather then what it is. it is to be my fill in model when not flying my bigger models a practice kite. engine wise for a os55 or 70fs. 1st stop was my local model shop they only had either a trainer or some small electric models. trawling the internet for something i eventually picked out the hangar 9 funtana 50 i ordered it. guess what none available. has anyone else noticed the lack of available artfs everything i have viewed is either out of production or out of stock. only a few years ago you had plenty of choice now it is hard to find anything beyond a standard club flyer .

Advert

yes but what is available the xl iconic i binned flew great but the hard wear supplied was rubbish the engineering side left a lot to be desirered the first fuz i sent back i paid for postage the canopy retension system was so heath robinson it was a joke i taped mine in place i was going to change this to a far simpler system but binned it instead. as i have said what have yt got in that is available bear in mind i have had a magic a formula 3d an adrenaline an xl iconic a yak 55 30cc but i am looking for something 50 size.

Edited By Biggles' Elder Brother - Moderator on 26/01/2011 23:21:52

SORRY GUYS, got carried away with the YT thing, and broke forum rules, wont happen again, in defense of the iconic, i built mine with supplied hardware, its got a saito 82 up front, does all the twiddly and twirly bits, only thing i changed was the canopy securment, being an engineer, i thought i would be losing it! dont trust magnets, ever since one failed on a surface grinder at work, there are many models from many companys on the YT site, some are sourced from famous places, ring the office if you want more details, i am only here to play

you had magnets for canopy retension mine came with about 20 pieces of wood to be glued into a block then lots of bits to make the spring retaining pin this was to be then glued to the canopy itself, wood to plastic. i just didn't trust it i was going to fit a rubber band retaining system but it didn't exit the last spin. up till that point the xl iconic flew perfectly well good axiel rolls loops and spins. i just thought it was a faffy build but the build quality of the fuz and wings etc takes some beating but the build time with all the faffing around puts me off having another. i have been looking at the Global r/c Sukuoi 26 as its replacement.

• 2 weeks later...
the search is over the parcel man arrived today with two very nice kits for me to assemble over the next few nights. yes i have purchased two models one electric to replace my multiplex acromaster as it is now getting a little tired though still flys wonderfully and has been great for throwing in the back of the car. the electric kit choice is the Presision Aerobatics Extra 260 which will receive an e-flite power 15 motor the quality of the build looks fabulous and if it flys as good as it looks yipee!
the second model is a Global R/C 3D50size MX2 in a fab colour scheme of green/white & black again a fantastic build quality i have started the build already this thing if i don't tie it down will float off it is that light again i can't wait to see how it performs.powering this will be a os55ax both these are modern style kits of a light weight which should perform in the air and at a very realistic price an equivalent budget cap is approx £20 cheaper but weighs an extra 2lbs + i will post a review after i have flown them roll on some good weather.

Colin

There are many happy Global RC flyers at our club.

I must concur with you on the YT Iconic. I have the EP version that I could probably get airborne in an hour of so. However the build fought me every step along the way, and what should have been a 4 evening build went on for weeks, net result it just sits there,

On the other had the YT 3 Demon is a much better thought out kit.

hi Andy
i did the same with my iconic i started it then put it away for 6 months as it was such a faff i got it out as my regular flying machine developed a sick valve spring so spent another 12hrs assembling it. it is worth it for the flying but i wouldn't build a second. other yt kits have been great. the global should be ready for my tuesday flying session weather dependant. after starting the global i have now been looking at the larger version i have been only a click away from ordering it.

the Global build coming along this is a fantastic kit i have used virtually all the supplied hardware i usually end up throwing most kits hardware but this is all quality a really nice build and fantastic quality. so a big thank you to Global i have just ordered the big brother version now to get ready for the summer. these kits offer such fantastic value and i am sure they will fly as good as they look.

Have a look on Sbach 50cc... just google it I found it available in some shops. I have a 30cc and it flys great! I aldo have a extra300 and a Yak... but the sbach is my favorite.

watch some videos on youtube too.

Good look!

Edited By Alan Bahia on 10/02/2011 23:23:06

Edited By Alan Bahia on 10/02/2011 23:24:45