ARF Biplane Search

Ok, help me out here guys. I'm searching for an ARF 3D capable biplane to suit .61 - .71 FS. I feel my flying levels have improved to the point where I can safely move on without pranging the plane on its first outing.

The plane is limited to ARF as I don't have the room to build, also the limit on engine size as it has to fit in the back of my little Renault Clio. I also have a budget for the airframe of £150.

I'm after a biplane because;

A) I like them.
B) I want something different to all the other 3D planes in the pits, they all seem to look the same.

There seems to be a few Pitts Specials about, but I just don't fancy one. The only plane I can find is the Seagull Ultimate .46

So, if anyone can come up with any other suggestions, I'd appreciate hearing them.

Cheers

Advert

Steve, you know my taste in models, must be a Panic, as ugly as my Stik and even more fun - Oh why did I sell it???

Phil

• 1 year later...

Hi Steve,

I think you are really going to struggle to find an arf 3D bipe as the only bipes in that size i have seen are Pitts or Ultimates frown

I think your options are either the Panic as has been mentioned or if looks are important and you don't want to fly a box with two wings then may I suggest the Evolution models Enigma Biplane

The Evolution kits are great I built a Fusion in about a week they really are easy and quick, not to mention great fliers.

The Enigma is available as a leccy or IC and would be nice with 70FS !

Jon

Posted by Peter Wood on 27/03/2012 20:02:54:

I would like either but were can I buythem. I dont think they are available in UK. I found one site in germany but there is not an english tranlation

Fellow members have managed to obtain both via the local model shop (I believe they're still currently distributed via Horizon Hobbies) and I can thoroughly recommend the Fokker DVII having flown a couple of examples - one fairly regularly - and the flight characteristics are superb.

The only possible drawback is that it really suits a 90 FS which is what have been in the ones I've flown although H9 do list them as being for "72 - 82" sized engines - perhaps someone else can advise on them with the smaller (fairly obviously biased towards Saito) recommended engines?

P.S. Peter - sorry - I was thinking you were the OP who mentioned using a 61 - 71 FS

Edited By Martin Harris on 28/03/2012 09:38:20