Danny's BoBbit Build

Advert

Thanks guys I think thats it. Just the covering to do and the hatch magnets. Oh and shorten those legs

Weight 1lb 9oz

But still needs esc and servos plus rx and of course covering, so just over 2lb I expect

Its been fun, and thankyou to you all for sticking around to the end. there are still 12 watching on the cam. I will switch it off at midnight before my hard disk fills up completely with all the captures.

Somebody elses turn next tme!

Cheers
chums

Hi Steve you missed it mate. It was a one day build. I started at 8am yesterday and finished at 5 minutes to midnight. It was all live on the webcam. Look back through the last couple of pages and Chris has posted some captures from the web cam.

I will turn it all into a timelapse movie when i get around to it. I captured an image every 5 secs throughout the build, and have 11,413 jpgs some 41Gb of images to string together. Was great fun and had watchers from all around the globe including the States, New Zealand and Australia. Was kind of weird knowing that you were being watched but was good fun all the same.

Cheers
Danny

Hi Doug I used Titebond which is like a quick drying aliphatic.

On the web cam I struggled because I use very fine glass headed pins, I have had them for thirty odd years, but i couldn't find them. I did by the time I came to the other side

I added the sheer webbing to the front of the spar so that I had a surface to clamp the sheeting to

If anybody knows where to get the really fine pins but with glass heads let me know?

Cheers
Danny

Edited By Danny Fenton on 17/04/2011 13:07:14

Edited By Danny Fenton on 17/04/2011 13:08:05

Danny its fantastic. Is it time lapse? You see I normally build at that speed

Yeah, like in my dreams!

Seriously I thought the one day build was good but the time lapse is even better. A great record of the Charity Mass Build - sort of sums it all up really! Thanks for taking the effort to do it and upload it!

Well done mate - a credit to you!

And on a wider note, it all just shows what forums like this can achieve. I think everyone involved with the WebBit Build deserves a big pat on the back and a round of applause

BEB

PS I just need to find time of Easter to build my WebBit now!

Danny,
Fantastic build! Time lapse video is a brilliant idea! The only problem with yours and Chris Botts build is that I've been so busy watching progress on them that my own build has slown (to a crawl). Wish I could build like that.
Incidentally, it was Chris Bott that turned up at greenacres Club night with the Webbit kit - my own 'building' - if you can call it that - is assembling foamies like the pico jet and twinstar. I've learned a tremendous amount so far with the Webbit build, and knowledge can only be increased by building blogs like this.I'm all for the mass build - I don't think I would have attempted it otherwise.

Regards, Martin

Hi Danny,

I am speachless, which for those that know me - is something thats never happened before. Truly amazing video. There's some effort gone into making that video and loading it up on Youtube.

I'd love to scrounge a disc of you.? I could even load it up at at the SWM Youtube account with a link to this forum? If you wanted? I think that deserves as big an audience as we can find! It's one of the most original WebBIT builds yet, from the aspect of the WebCam and then the Mass Build time lapse.

Thanks for the effort thats gone into that build, I'm sure it will introduce a few people into building.

Thanks

Steve

Edited By Steven Webb (Steve Webb Models) on 19/04/2011 01:16:00

Thanks chaps, your comments have made me feel it was all worthwhile.Thank you

Steve you are more than welcome to a copy on DVD just PM me the address you want it sending to.
I was toying with making another time lapse showing the covering stage and tagging it on but that will make the video a bit too long. If you want a seperate video let me know.

Martin, to me, encouraging others to have a go at building was at the heart of the Webbit mass build. If you are enjoying the build, just wait until your creation is at the end of the runway, the test flight will mean a lot more than any artf flight you will make, trust me its different when you have made it all. And when you land at the end of a succesful maiden you can measure the size of your grin in feet.

Cheers
Danny