Danny's BoBbit Build

Advert

Looking GREAT Danny... Smartest dressed webbit builder ever!!

Just about to load my car for journey on Holiday but will pop in later to see how your getting on!!

I see your daughter is popping in to keep you in check every so often!!! Cute!!

Is she the future Bobbit Pilot?

Dave

Posted by Dorset flyer on 15/04/2011 02:30:08:
Love the web cam idea!

So do I but he more I watch the more depressed I get. When I watch Danny I can see the mistakes I made. Excellent build and to watch it happening is great. Hey Danny err jeans shirt and TIE? Cheers

Geoff

AKA The very sad builder of Webbit No: 20 (The Flintstone model)

Hey Danny. I take it you were using cyano on the ribs to spars but what is that thin nozzle on the bottle? When I used it it went everywhere and I got in a right state. Does this extension prevent that happening? Cheers mate.

Geoff

AKA Webbiteer No: 20

Posted by Chris Bott on 15/04/2011 11:09:29:
Geoff the whole idea of the mass build was one of learning. I think just about every one of us has been and still is learning from others from this. This webcam is another great example.

Thanks for this Chris. Yes mate I understand that but I didn't pre think the build and now find myself trying to fit the aileron servo to very fragile wing ribs, not good with shaky hands. lol At least the wing is still straight. Cheers mate.

Geoff

Sorry if I don't answew everybody I will try and read through afterwards but I am not as far along as I wanted to be.

Hi Geoff yes it is capillary tube you can get it from your LHS it s great but look away and flick the end ocassionaly to keep it clear

Had to make built up trailing edge as had no aileron stock

Tally Ho!

Posted by Geoff Smith 1 on 15/04/2011 11:11:32:
Hey Danny. I take it you were using cyano on the ribs to spars but what is that thin nozzle on the bottle? When I used it it went everywhere and I got in a right state. Does this extension prevent that happening? Cheers mate.

Geoff

Hi Geoff,
You can get a pack (24) of these nozzles from "Airtek" for next to nothing, they work well too.

I really like the pink Zap. I like to use the nozzle and the capilary tube that comes with it. Together they give you much more control. You still have to be careful though. It can still grab a finger while your holding two bits of balsa together.

I will be surprised if there's still none on that dangly tie by the end of the day