Twinstar that sounds like twin Merlins?

Steve W-O

The only thing that I would like on electric planes is some sound.

Not the tortured bee sound of a two stoke glow engine, but a proper plane sound.

I looked at this last summer, and found that available systems were stupidly expensive, only played one engine speed, and only one volume.

I want something that starts with an idle sound at low throttle, with revs increasing, and volume increasing as the throttle is opened.

I'd even like the out of sync beat note of a twin.

Over the next few months, going to have a go at designing and building something that will do what I want, at a reasonable price. (and hopefully not more than 40g excluding the speaker)

Advert

Hi Steve, the Benedini system starts and runs up to idle at a flick of the switch, the rpm is then increased with the throttle stick postion. If you want the beat of a twin then fit two as John Ranson has done in his enlarged Brian Taylor Mosquito (93")

John has 4 large speakers in that. he has said it might be at Bickley in a months time those that are going.

Cheers
Danny

Edited By Danny Fenton on 20/04/2011 16:07:15

They are nice (both the same) but the price is high for a bit of fun.

Prepared to make quite a few compromises for a better price.

I imagine that the amount spent on some planes dwarfs the cost of the sound unit, and for that use the cost would probably not be a factor.