Newmarket Model Flying Club Scale Day, September 1989.

Matt Halton

I flew my Spit Mk.1a I built from the great Brian Taylor plan over a protracted period.
I forgot I had this video on tape, and last year bought an EZCAP...This year I thought I'd try it out, was a painful process, but eventually got the thing working after messing with various drivers etc etc...

So, here it is. I hope you guys enjoy this, it was recorded only 21 years ago..I loved that Spit, fair brings a lump to my throat just watching it..

Matt
Sorry, title says 1989-it was in fact 1990...

Edited By Matt Halton on 25/04/2011 20:56:36

Advert

B.B. and flyboy,I actually felt the Stampe deserved to win, it was beautifully constructed.

Yep David, cut my teeth on IC planes, did them all pretty much, right up to petrol powered stuff, but these days, I love the convenience of electric (from an operator's POV) still like to watch other people's IC planes, more specifically radial powered jobs, but the cost is beyond my range..

Danny, there is a chance I might build another in my lifetime, but I am always too tempted by the foamie planes,. Good for me, the bulk of the build is done, and I can mod them up as I wish! (I must be getting lazy) I do love the occasional scratch build though.

I could never get that Lazer 75 to run reliably though

Marvellous...I just found some good VHS footage of the Spit completing full flights, lol.

• 1 month later...
Great video. lovely aircraft.

Thank you very much.

JC