ta ta for two weeks

Alan Cantwell

well, i am orf for some much needed R&R, sandy beaches, cheap food, cheap beerharry potters new ride, and, i hope, some hard to get cheaper model bits, Top Gun on saturday, looking forward to it immensley, sadly, thats the only day i will get near an aircraft i am interested in, ( i dont count an A 330 airbus as interesing)

will try to get some pictures at the event, fingers crossed, see you in two weeks, back on 12th may, have fun, hope the weather is ok for you guys

Advert

just down at a relatives place in cape coral, did top gun, tooooooo hot, met Steve there from bobs hobbies, spent well inside my customes allowance with him been some setbacks, new 300 quid camera packed in, so had to take whatever shots i could with a cheapo digi, models at top gun where all under cover, so, although i have shots, they are a tad background covered, trade was not exacty plentifull, pitch prices where MENTAL, Steve was lying 5th when i left, Glen Torrance was lying 3rd with a MAGNIFICENT Dv11, at 1/3rd scale, looks like the equally magnificnet Westland Wyvern will clinch it, off to miami tomoz, last time i will have access to a puter till i get home, hope the weathers being kind, ta ta

Top Gun..... America?

Yeah right! Alan C disappers to Top Gun and Osama Bin Laden gets slotted....

Coincidence? I don't think so!

C'mon Al, tell us the truth about your secret double life as a CIA / Navy Seal operative

Sounds like you had a good time, I'm envious.

Edited By Shaun Chant on 03/05/2011 10:34:10

• 2 weeks later...
well, heres a run down, went to top gun, not impressed, planes great, but layout not good, trade poor, tooks shed loads of piccys, all rubbish, so, i will furnish you with links off RCU that are way better than mine, wasnt a good 2nd week for wifey, she came down with bronchitus!!!! she is still coughing, went on a dolphin watch--BRILL, got back to port, she fainted, 911 was called, 2 ambulances, 4 paramedics, and because of her medical conditions, they insisted on a hossy trip---6 hours later, released with strict instructions to take it easy, problem? not enough water intake, simple as that, insurance SHOULD pay for that one, strange thing was, the hossy asked for our UK addy, but didnt take a credit card swipe, or insist on seeing the medical card, which was 33miles away, still waitng for the bill, which i expect to be over $2000, hey hum, as for bin liden, gawd, you would think the yanks had actually won a war, got sick of hearing about it, also got tired of being asked do we know the royal couple--seriously!!!!! if i think of more, i will let you know, now, i will find the links i have bookmarked

wife is getting over that, shes out shopping with sis in law today, i am kipping in the model room, cos she is coughing er ed orf, what did i bring back? errm, everything in the customes guidline lots of robart bits, spare blades for my lekky hinge slotter,lots of spares for my diddy parkzone sukhoi and mustang, enough airframe bits to buid at least 2 more, half the price of here, but then we have import tax and VAT so its no wonder, wife did ok too,

sadly, it will be the last time we are able to go, this time, we went without medical cover for wifey, she suffers from several ailments, and the fainting bit scared us, i thought she had had a stroke, insurance this time, had we taken it for her ailments, was £695, we declined, if you are taken ill in america, and have to be hospitalised for a time, you WILL lose your house without insurance, looks like its EU countries only from now on
plenty to see there though, eh?