IE9 issues? Can't post.....

Hi

I have been trying to pm a member for advice and each time I send the message the screen goes back to the blank message form and the message does not appear in my sent folder. I then tried to post this thread on the computer and it did not register the post at all. I then tried to reply to a thread and the screen showed the thread but did not register my reply. I am now typing this on my phone to see if it works. I had to fully reset my computer yesterday and went back to factory settings. Any ideas please.

Steve

Advert

Ok Tim thanks Will have a look. I had to wipe the system completely and start again. I am using the latest version of Internet explorer on windows 7. It is an updated version of the browser compared to what I was using before the computer problems. Could it be a firewall issue? I have installed mcafee and avg free.

Also how do I change my browser to see if that works.

Steve

Hi Steve, well Firefox ( my current favourite ) is a free download - just google "firefox" and install.
Incidentally, its not normally a good idea to have two anti- virus programs at the same time.
I use the free AVG and its kept me safe for years.

Edited By Tim Mackey - Administrator on 05/05/2011 11:21:43

Posted by Spice Cat on 11/04/2011 22:27:18:
Internet Explorer 9. Hmm. It seems after downloading this to my laptop, I am unable to submit any posts.
Anyone else have this problem????

SC...i bought a new pc a couple of weeks ago and had the very same prob...win7/IE9...try clicking the top of the page and telling it to run in compatability mode and it should work as normal(allow you to post reply's)...unless young asher's and co have ganged up on you and gagged you....

ken anderson ne...1.

Try this. I just reverted back to IE8.

Just in case anyone else has any issues with latest versions of internet explorer I solved this issue by highlighting the 'compatability view' icon on the top toolbar (looks like a rectangle with a zig zig line through it.  Once highlighted all was well.

Steve

Edited By Steven Butler on 05/05/2011 19:20:22

A decent browser such as Firefox has convinced me to never load IE on any computer - I got so fed up of problems, and the seemingly never ending barrage of so called security issues and updates, that I wont touch it with a bargepole.
Incidentally, I did have a slight compatibility issue with the latest version 4 of firefox, but luckily had version 3.6.16 saved on a back up drive and after reverting to that, all is fine, and I just refuse to update it any further.
Firefox also has some rather nice add ons such as reminder fox.