Futaba T18MZ radio

David Ashby - Moderator

OH NO.....you mean you clicked on BUY IT, then on CHECKOUT, then on CONFIRM ORDER & then got your credit card OUT OF YOUR WALLET & then ENTERED THE NUMBER, EXPIRY DATE & SECURITY CODE before typing in YOUR ADDRESS.....

And all by ACCIDENT.....!!!!!

Don't worry Andy....it happens to all of us......

But I'm not jealous.....no, really I'm not.....not at all.....why do you ask...?? I'm always this shade of green.....

Enjoy the radio Andy....I'd say you've "earned" it

Strange thing Steve, that almost exactly what happened, with a few more clicks for the receivers.

I added the radio to my basket, and went and did something else, came back and created an account and added it again, I nearly bought 2. That would have gotten me into trouble

A

• 2 weeks later...

Andy, read your pretty comprehensive review, but you omitted the salient comparison, the new Spektrum DX 18.

Cost of Futaba MZ 18 in Australia $2995. Cost of Spektrum DX 18 $899, $799 + postage buying on-line.

I wouldn't recommend rushing to buy the Futaba, without checking out the alternative. How about a review has anyone got their hands on a DX8 yet?

Hi Paul

Yup agree, but I like a particular style of Tx, I just dont like the looks of the New JR's nor the new Spektrum.

I also think that buying a Tx is going to be like buying a PC i.e. when do you do it. It seems every month there is a new one to tempt you, so where do you stop.

By the time the DX 18 hits the shops some manyfacuterer will have a 20 channel, and so on.

Andy

Hi Andy,

Yes it certainly has a discreet aesthetic, but given I only have one model that uses all eight channels on my TX and that my use by date is a little closer than yours, I can't justify the extra lolly for the looks, so when I do upgrade I'll probably go for the less discreet DX 18 and if it works as well as my trouble free DX8, I'll be quite happy.

Paul.

• 4 weeks later...
Posted by Doug Evans 1 on 15/03/2012 08:24:33:

i have the 18mz , its a superb radio! have a look at the Spectrum DX 18 then look at the futaba! no contest!! one word for Spectrum cheep crap!!

Bit harsh, everyone to their own, but the Futaba should make the Spektrum look cheap considering it's 3x the price.

• 1 month later...

I've just installed the latest software update for my 18mz. Some small changes to the timers - its now easier to reset, but the biggest change is the telemetry.

I'm sat here with a big smile on my face as the set tells me the Rx & External battery voltages every 10 secs (this is course is configurable - you can even place it on a switch)

What suprises me (or not really) I registered my set with Ripmax, but they didn't send out any notification of the upgrade, I stumbled upon it through facebook.

Andy

• 4 months later...