Futaba T18MZ radio

David Ashby - Moderator

I thought the 14MZ could utilize pictures of your models, but  this has a built in camera?
Even more bling, and no doubt a price tag to match
Brings a whole new level of male jewellery as this video shows

Edited By Tim Mackey - Administrator on 17/05/2011 09:11:42

Something tells me I will not be buying one, oh! It is the better half I can hear. What is that you are saying? I could have a very good holiday for the same cost, or a new designer label dress. But I hardly wear my dress dear, I explained, the colour is all wrong, so last year.

Well do you remember when you sold your childrens future for a glass transcription deck for your hi-fi? Now I have a better system in my kitchen, for 1% of the cost. Bahh! a waste of good money, your not having one.

What is wrong with Quantum system, you have in your work room.

I agree with you Ken, it lacks the quiet dignity of our 6 and 8 channel jobbies!

I wouldn't want one - Oh no, cheap and glitzie, a floozy of a Tx. No, no its no use trying to convince me - I reject it out of hand - it would be too sordid to even be seen with someone who has one. The Tx Del Boy would have.

BEB

PS I have to keep repeating this and convince myself of it - its the only way to stay sane! I will spurn it, I will spurn it, nobody needs 18 channels, nobody needs 18 channels, its just male jewellery, real fliers don't use stuff like that.............

Edited By Biggles' Elder Brother - Moderator on 17/05/2011 09:30:46

Eric
I have one Tx, a cheapo with sliding trims & the luxury of servo reversal called Radiolink . I love it 'cos I set up the models mechanically after a test flight to find out what is out -then put the trims in the middle for fine adjustment depending on conditions.That way ,I have three models that are adjiusted to be able to fly on the same movements of sticks .I don't need a picture of what I fly -just (in the case of one only) reverse a servo movement ie high wing to low wing .I don't need a sticky bun tray either & my camera has loads more pixels than the Futaba Tx has .By the way, I currently have 8 Txs & much prefer the one I'm talking about .AND the Rx's are dead cheap .I think I am getting back to being Grumpy again especially after flying a lekky job this morning .No wind whatsoever and managed to land where Phil couldn't

Dear Eric , you always impressed me again, and make me smile...thanks so much for your comments.
Bay the way...I have never heard, that someone bought Aston Martin or Ferrari ,for transporting patatoes or gravel..
I will never buy Futaba 18 MZ for my needs,If I could ,I will buy for my pleasure only ,althgough it costs to much .

Cheers Jo.

• 5 months later...
I've just been told about the Futaba 18MZ thats set to make an appearance sometime in the Spring. They are £2200 from Inwoods on pre-order and they come as a combo. I won't be buying one as they are far to expensive for me but was wondering if anyone is. Heres the link to the description....Futaba 18MZ It looks like a fine TX!

Edited By David Ashby - RCME Administrator on 19/10/2011 18:52:11

It even has - "A built-in 0.3M megapixel camera. No need for a digital camera or even a flip phone. Just point the 18MZ, click and you have a foolproof picture ID of your model in seconds."

For £2200 I would expect a lot more than a measley 0.3 megapixel camera. Even cheapo mobile phones have upwards of 2 - 3 megapixels !

Edited By David Ashby - RCME Administrator on 19/10/2011 18:49:09