Futaba T18MZ radio

David Ashby - Moderator

Oh really.. and yes I agree, i will buy a euro ticket as soon as i'm 16 and if i win i'll buy you one, LOL.

Tom

Edited By David Ashby - RCME Administrator on 19/10/2011 18:58:29

A friend of mine here in the UK is watching this closely with a view to buying one. He recently returned from the Tucson Aerobatic Shootout where he made enquiries about this T/X with some of the Futaba sponsored pilots out there. The news is that Futaba are still working on the programming and it will be mid 2012 before any are in the States for assessment let alone sale, so I would not expect it in the UK before 2013 at best.

Edited By David Ashby - RCME Administrator on 19/10/2011 18:58:44

Since it looks like JR aren't going to have anything soon, I too am looking at this set, but £2200 is a bit steep.

I guess the early adopters will pay, but for me as nice as it looks, I'll have to wait for a deal.

Andy

• 2 months later...
fear not everyone--i'll be keeping an eye on young ashers at the greenacre's do...... if i see/hear him running around like a farm yard cockerel with one of the new radio's - i'll report back and let everyone know-'there's a rabbit off'.....

ken anderson ne..1..... farm yard cockerel dept.

Edited By ken anderson. on 22/01/2012 19:16:17

A friend at my local club has the 18MZ, I've had a hands on look at it and it's definitely a step up from the 14 MZ. It's a fair bit lighter whilst still retaining a quality feel, the 14 was very heavy to use especially without a neckstrap. The screen is a major improvement over the 14 being far more sensitive and has far better resolution, being more akin to what's available on 3G phones and Ipads etc. It obviously has the extra channels and is all ready to go with "S"bus should you decide to go that route. It's a lovely bit of kit but obviously comes at a premium price.

Edited By Ultymate on 22/01/2012 19:22:01

I have the thumbs up to get one of these - (I think the heart attacked helped a bit).

Andy

A bit disappointed with Als Hobbies at the moment. Their Bristol branch is about an hours drive from me, and I asked if they could get an 18mz for me to look at just for a feel, to check how it holds and balances.

The guy in the shop said he didn't have one but would check with Ali if they could get one. He said no.

The reason being they don't sell well, and if I decided I didn't want it they would be stuck with it. I tried to say it was a done deal, and only if the Tx was complete rubish I wouldn't be buying it, but no go.

Do I have a 14 days return policy? something to do with remote selling rules. Surely this would be more of a pain than me checking one out before I actually bought one.

I've spent £1000's with them over the years, but wont be spending much more.

Andy